Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

But now I see the other problems you mentioned, like not being able to open the image or see the comments. Bizzare.

:dance:

#23860 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

It’s under investigation. The addon author is working at it.

He has released a new version. And that’s where all these problems comes from. I really hope he can catch the two problems soon. Else i have to remove the gallery at one point.

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#23865 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Showing an image to logged out users is working again. Remains the comments widget …

#23866 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Nice to hear of the progress!

#23903 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hm.

I don’t think that the developer of our image gallery will fix the remaining bugs. He seems to be under the impression that a similar bug that he has fixed before a few days just must have fixed our issues too. He doesn’t respond anymore. And i doubt that he has read my further answers in his support forum. It’s oh so quiet …

This raises the question what to do with the image gallery. The good thing was, it was a free version. The not so good thing is, it is now broken.

Similar image galleries are not to find. They are all primarily single user galleries. There is one that also takes users into account. But requires the paid version for it then. I will surely not spend 200 bucks for something where i don’t even know if we are able to configure it for multi user at all.

For us it is not good to have a broken image gallery implemented. So what shall we do with it?

What are your thoughts?

#23904 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Image submission upload? Then put it to a single user system where an admin uploads to the server.

Or.. use another embedded PHP service? There are a few opensource and free gallery options with PHP available.

http://galleryproject.org/

Is one.

There are many others too. I’m it sure how it can tie into WordPress? But maybe other systems could work.

#23905 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

So you share my concerns about a broken gallery. It simply looks unprofessional.

Tieing a framework into WordPress is a problem. Savely tieing the even bigger one. We would need to write our own addon for it.

It should also be possibel to work with onboard stuff to create a primitive single user gallery. And give special permissions then so that everybody with the correct rights could upload images.

But this all costs time. And then we are responsible for the further development and compatibility. So if even i would be happy to continue with an existing addon solution. I just can’t find a good one :/

I would say i start to toy around with a few of the free image gallery solutions. I guess i need to install another wordpress to test this out. Unhappy. Moar work …  ^^

Thanks for your feedback 🙂

#23907 Likes: 1
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I mean.. it works.. for now… which kinda sucks. Damned if you keep it, damned if you migrate it for another from the hard work.

But.. we are all about the art, so showcasing it is important.

This post has received 1 Likes.

#23949 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

I have catched the baddie. It is a conflict between the addons wp-monalisa and the image gallery.

I have turned off the wp-monalisa addon for now.  And am currently at investigating if i can catch the conflict.

Problem is, the wp-monalisa is our smilies in the forum … 😀

EDIT, not to catch. I really have to wait for the addon developer of the image gallery here.  And hope that i then can reactivate our smilies addon. There is no substitute, the other smiley addons all works just at the pages, and not in the forum …

#23950 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Ah ok. The animated emojis? Hmm… well I guess the sticker, emoji, gif and live chat system of Discord could suffice if necessary.
    Crazy how these addons conflict.

#23951 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Indeed. And crazy how hard the addon developer ignores me. I hope all is well. He is a pensioner. The gallery is his pet project.

At least we have a working image gallery again. Smileys are not this important since the forum is very low frequented. But it nevertheless bugs me ^^

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.