Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    digimooses
    Participant
    • Posts 21

Hi.

I actually mentioned about this in earlier discussion couple of weeks ago, but now with the attached images.

The addon installs on BFA at the same way as on Blender. It also opens without any errors. But on Blender the addon imports the Plasticity data very smoothly and quick with a press of a button. On BFA the addon seems to recognize the Plasticity model, but no data comes in.

BR

Digimooses

#25921 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi digimooses,

Well, the addon loads, so there is no problem at our end. Is there some output in the console that could help us to find out what is going on?

It can be that the addon relies internally somewhere at the blender.exe. And then the functionality quits working since we have a bforartists.exe. In case this is really the problem there is little that we can do. We cannot rewrite and maintain addons, unfortunately. This would be the job of the addon developer.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#25924 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Made it a task: https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/issues/4024

#25925 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Since this is a paid software and addon, there isn’t much we can do. Do you have any errors in the console/terminal? This should tell you what’s happening. If anything, you should probably contact the developer of plasticity at their github directly and report there. You will have to join their server if you have paid, then report there.

https://github.com/nkallen/plasticity

I assume the addon may be looking for the blender.exe anbut we bforaritsts is a bforartists.exe – or you may need to configure the addon, or see if the console is spamming some kind of error.

:dance:

#25926 Likes: 0
    digimooses
    Participant
    • Posts 21

Hi Draise.

If you are referring to the Python Console, it shows nothing.

All kind of configuring is beyond of my knowledge. I am just a user. I think, I will stick with Blender, since all this is getting too difficult and time consuming for me. But, I still like the idea of Bforartists with the streamlined UI. I hope that all of this will work some day.

Wishing you all the best for the future!

#25932 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Many thanks for your investigations and patience. And sorry that we cannot help in this case. Sometimes we simply loose …

All the best at your way 🙂

#25937 Likes: 0
    digimooses
    Participant
    • Posts 21

Hi again.

Just letting you all know, that Plasticity Blender Bridge addon does not work on Blender 4.1.0. either.  Tested it, and the problem was exactly the same as with BFA, which is based on Blender 4.1.0. Alpha.

You can see the model name on the Side Bar, but no data comes in, when pushing the Refresh button.

So, I guess the fix comes from Plasticity some day, after Blender 4.1.0. is officially released.

BR

Digimooses.

#25938 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Many thanks for reporting back 🙂

Yes, the dilemma for addon developers is the API changes with new versions. And 0ur dilemma with that is that we are always ahead from the official Blender version. So we are hit first when the API changes. Fingers crossed that the next version of the addon is working as expected again 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.