Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    eric
    Participant

I’m curious does the Blender team or even Ton gave an opinion about BFA? To them are just unwanted drama, a cheap copy, I can’t figure out why they see BFA and say maybe we are getting it wrong? But somehow don’t want to adopt your ideology? I never hear them say anything good or bad about BFA except for the saying nothing about it.

#25104 Likes: 0
      BFA-Reiner
      Keymaster

Hey Eric,

First, when you want to know their opintion, then you should better ask them 🙂

It was in the beginning all this and more. The sadest part was when some folks started to discredit me as a pedophile, rapist and sex offender to make me quiet and to make sure that nobody joins the project. And there were Blender developers involved too. Which made me quit Blender Artists and the Blender bubble in general then.

But there was never much public statements about Bforartists from the Blender side. I just know of one, where they stated that the BFA icons does not fit the quality standard for Blender. Which is okay.

Blender devs wants to develop Blender, so why should they care about other software. And they still have a completely different idea about UI UX design. Like the monochrome Icons. So there is little that we would have to speak. I respect that. And i wish the Blender developers still the best. As a Blender user i still report bugs when i find them. And more is not needed imho. Blender is open source, so everybody can grab the code and continue from there if he is unhappy. Which i did.

When i started the fork the first thing i did was to contact Ton if he is fine with it and if there is something i should change. And he was fine. And from what i know he is still fine with what we do. That’s more than enough for me. Ton is a great guy and an open source enthusiast, and has my full respect 🙂

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#25106 Likes: 0
        eric
        Participant

Well I just wanted the BFA team’s impression of how you are perceived at Blender. If you had a rivalry or just philosophical differences.

#25107 Likes: 0
          BFA-Reiner
          Keymaster

For me it is not important how i am perceived at Blender. I just mind how i am perceived at Bforartists. And that i can improve the software 🙂

#25108 Likes: 1
            Anonymous

as ton said on his opening remarks in blender conference 2022. blender is free anyone can change it. or make it thier own. and i think bforartist is a biggest competition of blender as a fork.

This post has received 1 Likes.
              #25109 Likes: 0
              BFA-Reiner
              Keymaster

We are no competition. We are a complement 😉

We have lots of users who are unhappy with Blender but happy with Bforartists 🙂

#25110 Likes: 0
                Draise
                Participant

I think, having talked to a couple of devs on Devtalk and on Discord, there is a lot more respect and a nod that we exist. They don’t look at our code though. They know we sometimes commit or share reports upstream – which usually is a welcome thing.

But yeah, rocky beginnings. But peaceful present. Our market share is about 0.8 to 1% of total Blender space. So we are just a blip on the radar.

:dance:

#25135 Likes: 0
                  BFA-Reiner
                  Keymaster

But a happy one 🙂

#25206 Likes: 0
                    Draise
                    Participant

Indeed!!! Very happy!!!

:dance:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.