Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant

Been trying this a few times, thought the server migration would fix this.

Thing’s I’ve tried:
      – JPG, PNG, nothing
      – Resize to smaller than 1024px, nothing (oritinal was 2k)
      – Convert using photo editing software to a compatible fileformat

It seems to think I’m uploading more than a few pictures at a time? Is this because the last 20 images of the gallery are mine?

:dance:

#23834 Likes: 0
      BFA-Reiner
      Keymaster

You are even allowed to upload up to 20 images. So multiple images at once as the cause is out i would say.

The image gallery works just fine for me. Which makes it hard to find out what is going on. The plugin has received a few updates though. Maybe there is now a setting not working anymore. But as told, i first need to be able to repeat the misbehaviour before i can fix it.

What browser are you using?

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#23835 Likes: 0
        BFA-Reiner
        Keymaster

Notice: your server allows you to upload 20 files of maximum 1000M bytes each and total 1000M bytes and allows 60 seconds to complete. If your request exceeds these limitations, it will fail, probably without an errormessage. Additionally your hosting provider may have set other limitations on uploading files.

Based on your server memory limit you should not upload images larger then 106.9 Mega pixels
          E.g. not bigger than approx 12225 x 9175 pixels (4:3) or 14125 x 7950 (16:9)

Did it take long? 60 seconds are quickly reached. I have no idea where to increase this though.

#23836 Likes: 0
          Draise
          Participant

I’m running in firefox. I’m trying to keep files under a mb, upload speed here is ok. Let’s pass an image to you that fails on me.

#23837 Likes: 0
            BFA-Reiner
            Keymaster

Have you tried with a chrome based browser?

#23838 Likes: 0
              BFA-Reiner
              Keymaster

I was able to reproduce the problem with a dummy account. Admin still works fine, but as a user you will get an error.

Investigating.

#23839 Likes: 0
                BFA-Reiner
                Keymaster

I’m lost. I don’t even find a way to log the error to find the cause.

#23840 Likes: 0
                  BFA-Reiner
                  Keymaster

I have contacted the plugin author now. Let’s see what he means.

#23848 Likes: 0
                    BFA-Reiner
                    Keymaster

There was for a short moment a new version of the plugin. But it did not fix our problem. The waiting continues.

#23852 Likes: 0
                      Draise
                      Participant

Ah.. damn. I wonder if there are better gallery addons out there? Maybe we can replace it? Or even just embed from Imgur? Manage submissions with another form and upload later? Or find another service that can do it?

Seeing the art is a big key aspect of Being for Artists.

#23853 Likes: 0
                        BFA-Reiner
                        Keymaster

There are just worse solutions out there. I have searached for weeks when i made the page. And none of them allows galleries for multiple users.

But i have good news. The addon author has released a fixed version. I needed to turn a setting, but now the user upload seems to work again. Please test 🙂

#23854 Likes: 0
                          BFA-Reiner
                          Keymaster

And the next problem. Pressing F5 in the image gallery or coming from the Comments widgets lets the content disappear 🙂

#23855 Likes: 0
                            BFA-Reiner
                            Keymaster

And next problem, logged out users cannot watch single images. A click shows the front page where the image should be.

The photo album keeps me busy …

#23856 Likes: 0
                              Draise
                              Participant

Hurray! The image uploaded!

#23857 Likes: 0
                                BFA-Reiner
                                Keymaster

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.