Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aug
    Participant
    • Posts 8

Hello.
    Thanks for reading my topic.
    OS Ubuntu 20.04.6.
    Whe trying run Bforartists 3.5.0 is listed
    ./bforartists: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34′ not found (required by ./bforartists)
    ./bforartists: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32′ not found (required by ./bforartists)
    ./bforartists: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33′ not found (required by ./bforartists)
    ./bforartists: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30′ not found (required by ./bforartists)
    ./bforartists: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35′ not found (required by ./bforartists)
    ./bforartists: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32′ not found (required by /tmp/Bforartist/lib/libcycles_kernel_oneapi_aot.so)

Is listed glibc 2.32 , 2.33 , 2.34 and 2.35.
    In OS libc is 2.31,

The solution is OS upgrade or compile an glibc version.
    What is libc version required ? minimum 2.32 or need have 2.32 2.33 2.34 and 2.35 ?
    Is possible run only having libc 2.35 ?

Is also required libstdc++.so. The minimum version is 3.4.30 ?

Have an nice week.

#25434 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hey Aug,

We had to upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS since Bforartists / Blender did not compile at Ubuntu 20.04 anymore. Dependency problems. That’s where the current requirements comes from now. Ubuntu 22.04 uses glibc 2.35.

I suggest to do a dist upgrade. There might be more trouble under the hood than just the glibc version.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#25435 Likes: 0
    aug
    Participant
    • Posts 8

Hello Reiner.
    All good with you ?

Thanks very much for your good deed replying my topic.
    I am glad reading that
    “We had to upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS since Bforartists / Blender did not compile at Ubuntu 20.04 anymore”
    correct choice

What is the bforartist last version requiring glibc6_2.31 ?
    I have tested Blender 3.5.1 running in Ubuntu 20.04.

I wish an nice week for you.

#25436 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Many thanks aug 🙂

Phew, i honestly can’t remember anymore with which exact version we switched to Ubuntu 22.04, sorry. I think it happened this year. So +- version 3.4.0. Simply try out. The older versions are still available at Github. https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/releases

Blender does not compile their binaries at Ubuntu, they use another Linux distribution which i cannot find at the moment. So it can be that Blender works, but Bforartists not. Every linux distro comes usually with another glibc version. All i remember is that they used CentOS for many years, and did a switch in the nearer past too.

I wish you a nice week too 🙂

EDIT, must have been february this year, since this was the time when Blender changed its whole infrastructure, and moved to Gitea. I still haven’t found the information what they use for the buildbot now, sorry.

https://code.blender.org/2023/02/new-blender-development-infrastructure/

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.