Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Posts 16

Is it just me, or does Vertex Bevel not work?

#17225 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi ☃☃☃,

Thanks for the report. Give me a few moments to check …

Kind regards

Reiner

#17226 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Ah, this issue. It does work. But the workflow is a bit different than in Blender. It’s one operator. But Blender has three menu entries for it. I have reduced it to one. The adjustment happens now in the Last Operator.

Have a look into the Last Operator area when you clicked the Bevel button. Here you can tick the Vertex checkbox. And then you can do a Vertex bevel too.

I could add a second bevel button if you want, which does a Vertex bevel directly.

#17228 Likes: 0
    ☃☃☃
    • Posts 16

Thanks, a second button would be good.  You have really done an amazing job with Bforartists.

#17229 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Okay, i can see the benefit of a special Vertex Bevel button because then you can hotkey vertex bevel directly. Which speeds up workflow, and simplifies the learning curve.

Issue created here: https://www.bforartists.de/content/readd-vertex-bevel-button

It will most probably arrive with the next Bforartists version once Blender 2.79 is out.

Kind regards

Reiner

#17230 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Looking forward to the next version, all those new icons in the Tracker are a mind blowing update.

:dance:

#17231 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Those icons will not appear in the next version, sorry. That’s a task for afterwards. And will surely keep me busy for months ^^

#17232 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I do use Inkscape and can make graphics, let me know if you want to assign some, I’ll pitch sketches or try follow your designs and I’ll share the load.

:dance:

#17233 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Thanks for the offer.

Making the icons is not the big problem. I have become pretty quick at it now. I usually create them as bitmaps in 512×512, then convert them into an inkscape file.

The fuzzy part is integrating the icons into the UI code then, to judge if the icon is useful where and how it is, and change it when not. It doesn’t save me much time when i have to do the fitting and coding part anyways. What i fear here is that i become the icon fixer when you know what i mean. This would cost me more time than i would save at it.

But feel free to create some icons, and attach them to the corresponding tasks :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.