Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Lil-James
    Participant
    • Posts 8

i do everything that you said and for me at the end it still rotates the calves… can someone upload the file rigged? when it works for you all?

#20239 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

I unfortunately miss the time and the capacity to do the rigging for you. We have no rigging service here, sorry. It would anyways be much more interesting to find out what goes wrong for you. Could you upload your distorted result?

My last idea was that you might have done some accidental posing beforehand. But there is nothing like that form what i can see.

Just to mention my workflow again:

First fix the armature. In Edit mode. BEFORE parenting.

Go to Pose Mode, select the whole armature. Hotkey A toggles between nothing and all.

Click at your mesh. Just the mesh should be selected.

Hold down Shift, click at the Armature. Both should be selected now.

Hotkey Ctrl P, and choose with automatic weights.

I have done it a dozen times now, and no distortions afterwards.

#20255 Likes: 0
    Lil-James
    Participant
    • Posts 8

thank you very much for the help. i set the bone roles of the calves and all things are fine now but i have a new problem with the leg movement-angle. is something wrong with the ik? i found only outdated tutorials on google/youtube about this…

#20256 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Nothing wrong. But bad IK behaviour of the Rigify rig, and the Blender bones system in general. The Blender IK solution is a bit aged.

You can either try to fix this by FK animation. Which battles with the IK then. Or you add a so called pole object  that lets the knee point into a specific direction. The setup for this pole bone/pole object is a bit hard to explain. And i haven’t rigged for ages, I made my last rig back in 2012. So i am bad at explaining this chapter at the moment. Too rusty.

Maybe this one helps you a bit. The interesting part starts at minute 9 …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ_ocmY8xEI

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.