- 23. October 2017 at 6:52 #14356ReinerParticipant
- Posts 4699
As you may have noticed, we have a tip of the day string now in the forum below the Recent Topics block. And here: https://www.bforartists.de/tip-of-the-day
This is a bit empty at the moment. We have just a few tips so far. In case somebody has a cool tip to share, everything is welcome
Reiner23. October 2017 at 19:13 #17991davisParticipant
- Posts 295
24. October 2017 at 6:27 #17992ReinerParticipant
- If you keep changing the same settings in new scenes over and over again, save a custom startup file.
- When updating to a new version of BfA, you can import all the settings from the previous version by the click of a button on the splash screen.
- Use “render border” to only render and preview a part of the image and save render time.
- Use Ctrl-1,2,3,4 to quickly assign and change the “Subdivision Surface” modifier
- Use the text search in the complete PDF manual to quickly find what you are looking for.
- Use layers to organise your scene and easily create different lighting settings.
- The principaled shader is easy to use and lets you create 90% of all the materials you can think of.
- Use “recover last session” or “recover auto save” to recover your scene after a crash.
- When you click close on BforArtists, think twice, before clicking OK. ^^
- Hit F12 to render an image and CTRL F12 to render an animation.
- Use branched path tracing in cycles to take full control of quality and render time.
- Select “create UVs” when creating primitives to avoid having to UV unwrap them later.
- Use HDRI environments to quickly generate realistic reflections and lighting.
- Bevel, bevel, bevel, there are no sharp corners in reality, so there should be none in your scene, if you are going for realism.
- Share your work in the “Art Corner” to get feedback and critique on your project.
- Posts 4699
Cool, thanks a bunch. Will add it
Edit says, and added30. October 2017 at 21:58 #18059DraiseParticipant
- Posts 1185
Posted two tips to the page so far.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.