Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

How does the scaling of vertices, when using the skin modifier, work in BfA? – In Blender there is a shortcut assigned ctrl-A, so that the selected vertex can be scaled and the skin scales accordingly. This shortcut is only available in edit mode, when a skin modifier is active on the object. – I can´t find any info in the BfA manual about it unfortunately.

Does anyone know how this works?

#18333 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hey Davis,

Give me a few moments, i will have a look here.

#18334 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

It’s in the Mesh / Transform menu in Edit mode.

The manual entry for this item doesn’t exist yet since the BFA manual chapter around the 3D view header doesn’t exist yet. This operator is in Blender one of the secret hotkey only tools. And so it cannot be in the Blender manual part.

#18335 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

I see, thanks for looking it up. It´s not very intuitive to find and also not very ergonomic for fast adjustments while modeling unfortunately. Since skin resize is only used for the skin modifier, wouldn´t it be better to put the menu item to the actual modifier rollout? A big button on the bottom could not be missed.^^ … Maybe also include the xyz constraints as button options for a true visual interface there. Although I would also be fine with just a hotkey, since this is a little used tool for most people anyway I believe.

#18336 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Such workflow issues will be tackled once all the icons are implemented.

I would say make an issue and a mockup :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.