Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

I am not sure if anything can be done about this? – I created a workspace with several viewports, but it seems that the tool selection only works per viewport and not globally in all of the views. – As you see on the image, if I select a tool from the menu on the left, that is part of viewport A, it only works in vieport A, but not in the seperated ones, labled B.

Is there some workaround to still use the menu? Or is it hotkey and space menu time in a case like this?^^

#18040 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi Davis,

This is by Blender design. There is unfortunately nothing that can be done here. Lots of tools just works in the editor window where they are called from. Eve when you have more than one opened by the same type. Guess why so many tools are missing in the toolbar at the top.

The only exception is the quad view. Maybe that’s a valid workaround for you.

Kind regards

Reiner

#18041 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Yes, I use quadview quite a lot, but I thought it would be more flexible with different views, since they can be adjusted in size.

But never mind, I just found out, that if I remove the “lock viewport” from the quadview I can actually swich really quick from one view in full screen to another just by hovering over it and pressing the shortcut. Exactly what I need. :D

#18042 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Well I spoke to early, unlocking the views makes switching them to full screen easy, but it won´t remember the top right view anymore and instead switch it to the last full screen view. – Useless unfortunately. :(

#18043 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

I feel your pain. But as told, there’s nothing that we could do here :/

#18044 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Hehe, well never mind. – I “solved” it now by assigning the Top, Front, Right view shortcuts to F1,F2,F3. Like that I at least don´t have to let go of the mouse every time and can quickly change between the views. I split the workspace in two, so I have the perspective view fixed on one side and switch between the others for modeling on the other. Let´s see if that works in the coming projects?

#18046 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

I “solved” it now by assigning theA Top, Front, Right view shortcuts to F1,F2,F3.

They already had a hotkey. The numpad keys :)

Front is for example numpad 1. Back is numpad 1 + ctrl.

#18048 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Yes, I know, but those are on the other side of the keyboard, I like to reach them with the left hand without moving too much and keep the right hand on the mouse for a faster workflow. – Not sure if that works in the long run, but it´s something to try.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.