Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

I notice that in 3 versions of BFA, a selected face is light orange/pink in edit mode (as per the Blender default). In version 4 it seems that a selected face is more or less the same grey colour as other faces, although with a white outline (this is in solid mode). Has something changed or do you think I have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere? This seems to happen even if I load the factory default preferences rather than using my settings from earlier versions and in any selected theme.

#25804 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Uh, nice, i think you found a bug 🙂

Many thanks for the report. Made it a task

https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/issues/3961

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#25841 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Will be fixed soon.

:dance:

#25842 Likes: 0
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

I noticed it works correctly on the Blender Light theme, but not on any other, and that is how I was getting round the problem temporarily. A proper fix will be welcome; it is a very basic function.

#25843 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Many thanks for the check. I still wait for the fix to be commited. And hope that the next Devbuild will include it then.

We even still think about if a point release makes sense. But that’s something that still needs to be decided.

#25844 Likes: 1
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

I am merely a humble user and have endless admiration for what you and your colleagues have achieved, but this is a major gaffe and in my opinion needs to be fixed at the first opportunity. It is an issue of how much people can trust BFA as a viable branch as well as the loss of utility of a basic function. Just, as I say, my lowly opinion, but it did make me wonder if there are other problems and whether I should return to the main Blender build (I haven’t, of course).

This post has received 1 Likes.
    #25845 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Next point release with the fix for this problem is at its way 🙂

#25846 Likes: 1
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

Great. Thanks for keeping me posted and please keep up the good work – all of you.

This post has received 1 Likes.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.