Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi folks,

Sorry for the latest PM spam. One bot made it unfortunately through. Please delete the PM in question in case you still have it.

I have now activated another layer of defence. Fingers crossed that this helps to defend the bots.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21279 Likes: 0
    NigeC
    Participant
    • Posts 84

Yeah, I got someone wanting to be  my new bestest friend :dash:

Took me 3 weeks to get in 😆

Idiots

#21308 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

New layer of defence did not really help. We had a new registration.

The problem here is, i cannot determine if a new user is a pm spambot or not. So manually approvement will not help here.

I am honestly clueless what to do. Migrating to another pm / forum system could be a solution to escape those attacks. But we have just migrated before a few days. And who knows what trouble the next system brings …

So for now i will throw out the bots when they arrive. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#21309 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

I have now installed a plugin that limits the number of pm’s to maximum ten a day for normal users. Still not really a solution to the problem, but now the bots can at least not mass pm everybody anymore.

#21311 Likes: 0
    NigeC
    Participant
    • Posts 84

I just had another, about 20 minutes ago

Are you using wordpress? I thought there was a global anti spam feature or was that not free?

#21312 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

I have not only one addon activated to prevent spam. I run the full thing, with recaptcha, two layers of defence and some special settings. But spambots will always find a gap. And this seems to be one.

Wordpress is simply too attractive for baddies. But there is not this much alternative anymore nowadays. Unfortunately.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.