Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

I am in the first throes of learning Blender (having failed to make any headway a few years ago) and increasingly delighted to have found bforartists.  I am doing a very basic tutorial and find that the tutorial object renders totally black in the render window, but loading exactly the same file in classic Blender, it renders as expected. I have reset the bforartists preferences back to factory but the problem persists: exactly the same file in bfa renders black and renders as normal in classic Blender. I have tried everything I can think of but am obviously doing something very stupid. Any tips as to where I should look? I have attached the file and would be grateful for any pointers as to what I am doing wrong.

#25605 Likes: 0
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

Sorry. It seems I am not allowed to upload a blend file. Not sure what else to do.

#25606 Likes: 0
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

Trying a zip file

Attachments:
    #25608 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Many thanks for the report and the file,

Yes, a blend file is not allowed for security and size reasons.

Honestly, i have no idea what you managed to create here. Bforartists crashes at loading the file. Blender doesn’t render the content neither. Your brick also renders black in the newest Blender alpha 4 version.There is no material at the mesh, but then it should render pink, not black. And even adding a material didn’t help so far. This file seems to be corrupted, and i cannot see at what point yet. Maybe it’s because we use Blender 4 code already. They changed quite a few things with the new version.

Sorry for the trouble. For sure an interesting problem. I’ll ask my friends in the team. Maybe somebody has an idea.

I’ll make it a task. For the next time, you can also report such things directly on our tracker: https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/issues

Kind regards

Reiner

EDIT, issue created https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/issues/3682

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#25609 Likes: 0
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

Thanks for the reply. Strange it should crash for you. For me it just renders solid black but as normal, as I say, in classic Blender. If it is any help, I had added a subdivision modifier, played around with it a bit then hit undo back to an earlier stage. It was after that I noticed the problem.

#25610 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Well, i always run the newest development version. Maybe that’s why.

Iyad found out that there is duplicated geometry. And the weld modifier fixed it for him.

Hopefully it fixes for you too 🙂

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#25611 Likes: 1
    davidch
    Participant
    • Posts 13

Much appreciated. Thanks all.

This post has received 1 Likes.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.