Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    orionpax09
    Participant
    • Posts 3

I can’t tell you how happy I was to find BforArtists, simply because I found Vanilla Blender to be an abysmal, unusable mess. That being said, I’m already running into issues. I want to be able to work with models from the Source video game engine, and need the Source Tools to make that happen. Unfortunately…well, here are the instructions I have on how to install this add-on;

In Blender:Select Edit > User Preferences
    Move to the Addons tab
    Click Install… at the top of the window
    Find the downloaded zip file

I’ve found User Preferences, as well as the add-ons tab. But I can’t find any install to click. So…how do I add this add-on? :unsure: :dash:

#21890 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 721

Hi orionpax09,

It’s in the user preferences in the addons section at the top row. Hope that helps 🙂

Kind regards

Reiner

Attachments:

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21892 Likes: 0
    orionpax09
    Participant
    • Posts 3

Thanks for the rapid reply. And…while it did help me install…your UI doesn’t look anything like what I have!

I’m sending you a screenshot of my version of BForArtists. Keep in mind that I did in fact download it from this site, and the version I downloaded was Bforartists 2 version 2.0.0. Did I mess something up? :scare:

#21894 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,212

That is in fact, Blender 2.79. You’ve run the wrong executable.  The Bforartists exectuable icon is blue.

:dance:

#21895 Likes: 0
    orionpax09
    Participant
    • Posts 3

Oh, good grief! I was working with the shortcut on my main screen! I’ll switch executable immediately!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.