Unleash the power of 3D

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    k3nm0
    Participant
    • Posts 5

How do I add a command to the menus?

For example in vanilla Blender the “Edge Slide” command is listed under the Edge menus when you are in Edit mode. However Edge Slide is missing in BFA. I use the Edge Slide operation quite frequently and would like to add it to the Edge menu when in Edit mode.

Cheers & many thanks…

Kenmo

#22540 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi k3nmo,

We have removed the edge slide from the header menus since the tool is also to find in the tool shelf. And we don’t want double menu entries when we can avoid them.

However, in the newest developer builds we have added it back in a legacy menu. That way it is not in the way as a double entry, but nevertheless accessible for those who still wants to use the old version of the tool.

The developer builds can be found in the download section 🙂

Kind regards

Reiner

Attachments:

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#22542 Likes: 1
    k3nm0
    Participant
    • Posts 5

Thanks kindly. I did not see it there. Happy New Year….

This post has received 1 Likes.
    #22555 Likes: 0
    k3nm0
    Participant
    • Posts 5

Another tool I use and can not find in BFA is the Vertex Slide tool. In vanilla Blender it is located in EDIT mode under Vertex->Slide Vertex.

How can I enable this?

I find BFA a much more friendly UI BUT sadly I keep on going back to vanilla Blender as some of the tools I regularly use are missing or I can not locate them.

Cheers

#22556 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

It’s called slide vertices now. Also in Blender 🙂

Note that we don’t have hotkeys assigned anymore. So you need to reassign a hotkey here.

Alternatively, switch to the Blender keymap. Here this tool has still the hotkey.

Attachments:

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#22558 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Yeah, Bforartists tries to put these legacy operators from the 2.79 Blender days into priority easy access location in the toolshelf, which are mode and widget based but do the same thing ultimately. The next official release of BFA will have the legacy operators both located in the Right Click menu and the legacy sub-menus, currently in the former release, they are only accessible through the right click menu (double right click). Hotkeys can be assigned the Blender way, or the Blender hotkeys can be toggled in the Preferences Editor.

:dance:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.