Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    NigeC
    Participant

long time no see 🙂

I know someone who is trying to get into Blender but he’s struggle with it because the German language support is not very good, is there a better German localization for Blender?

I believe the other problem he has is he uses Windows 7 and anything newer than 2.79 has a dll problem

I’ve tried pointing him here but I think he’s tried the new versions that wont start and it’s proving hard explain anything with the language barrier

#24830 Likes: 0
      BFA-Reiner
      Keymaster

Hey NigeC,

The problem in Bforartists is the same than in Blender since we rely at the german language pack from Blender. But i would never recommend to even try to use the german surface. The 3d specific terms and tool names are best used in english. Nobody knows what a Drahtgitter und Knoten is. But when you talk about a mesh and vertices, then everybody knows 🙂

But there is help in form of german 3d boards. First there is the 3d ring, where i am one of the admins. https://www.3d-ring.de/

And i am also from time to time active here: https://www.3d-board.de/wcf/

After the shut down of Blendpolis lots of people migrated to these two boards. And i am sure there are still some Blender 2.79 users left.

And last but not least, hier darf man auch Deutsch reden. Muss nicht englisch sein 😉

I can’t help you with the DLL problem though, sorry. Sometimes it’s simply time to let go. Windows 7 is too long end of life. And Blender 3 brings so much advantages over 2.79 to miss it out. The difference is dramatic. I would really ask him to upgrade. And be it to an actual Linux, in dual boot for example, in case he really doesn’t want to migrate to Win 10 or 11. Or Mac.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.