Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maxu67
    Participant

Now there is a single folder for storing user settings for all versions of Bforartists, which leads to problems with Addons, not all addons are compatible with different versions. And I would like to connect a different addon package for different versions. You need to make sure that the user settings for different versions of Bforartists have their own, as it is done in Blender. Thanks

#24742 Likes: 1
      Draise
      Participant

Right now the user preferences are stored in the same way as Blender, with the version settings stored in sub-folders 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 etc. At this moment we are using settings from the 3.3 folder – in the User Preferences folder. You can access this folder from the Edit menu. This is from the latest release of 3.2.1 of Bforartists. Version 3.1.3 works with the folder 3.2. We are usually a point number ahead of Blender since we fork from Master.

If you’d like the same version of Bforartists with different configurations or preferences, you can use Application Templates, which will load different hotkeys, themes, addons and preferences – and after being configured correctly, would be available from the File menu each with their own system. You can even customize the splashscreen.

Here is the official Blender documentation on it, but should be a similar workflow with Bforartists:
        https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/advanced/app_templates.html

Here is a more in depth tutorial on how to do it, even with custom python on first load.
        https://artisticrender.com/how-to-use-application-templates-in-blender/

Hope that helps.

This post has received 1 Likes.

:dance:

#24743 Likes: 0
        maxu67
        Participant

I use Bforartists 3.0.1, 3.1.3 and 3.2.1 and only one user folder 3.2 has been created for all these versions and no other folders are being created, whereas in Blender I will have folders 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 created for each version.

#24744 Likes: 1
          maxu67
          Participant

I figured out, Fourartists 3.0.1 was already going to be based on Blender 3.2, so it has a shared folder with Bforartists 3.1.3. And Bforartists 3.2.1 created a folder 3.3. Thank you.

This post has received 1 Likes.
            #24745 Likes: 0
            BFA-Reiner
            Keymaster

Yes, we relay at the master of Blender. And the master of Blender is one version ahead already, compared to their release version.

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.