Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rrikge
    Participant
    • Posts 9

Child-object = drumstick, parent-bone = thumb-end. Exact same combi with right drumstick and right-hand-thumb works perfect… Searched where I could, but can’t find the solution. Tried locking transform-options of child and/or parent, and several parent-options. Hope someone can help! See screenshots: 1=as planned, 2=after rotating with e+y.

www.VideoVakwerk.nl, I am a video producer, but a starter with animation as in Bfa.

#20085 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi Rrikge,

Hard to say without a look at the file. Have you applied all transforms to all objects?

Kind regards

Reiner

#20086 Likes: 0
    Rrikge
    Participant
    • Posts 9

Hi Reiner,

the .blendfile (90 MB) is too large to upload, as I see.

And I applied all transforms (= the movements of the drummers) to the bones (clavicle, upper arm, etc.) needed.

I did not apply the transforms to the drumstick, for it should -as child- move with the thumb. This method worked fine with the right arm.

Regards,

Rrikge

www.VideoVakwerk.nl, I am a video producer, but a starter with animation as in Bfa.

#20087 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

As told, it is hard to tell what is going on here.

You could reduce the scene to just the character and the drumsticks. And leave the textures away. That way the file should be below 1 or 2 mb when you zip it.

#20088 Likes: 0
    Rrikge
    Participant
    • Posts 9

Yes, I can imagine.

Just followed your advice, but, max compressed with 7Zip, is the

character (= armature+mesh) + sticks still 31.8 MB,

character (= only armature) + sticks 31.4 MB.

Is WeTransfer or mail maybe an option for you?

Thanks so far for the quick replies!

Kind regards,

Rrikge

#20091 Likes: 0
    Rrikge
    Participant
    • Posts 9

Just found the solution in the Constraint menu. As beginner, made connection to the parallel-character :/

Sorry for the issue!

#20092 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Glad you got it sorted :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.