Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    shaley
    Participant
    • Posts 8

Hi Digimooses

Thanks for giving it a go, appreciate it. Understand too, you have other things to do than to test this.

For reference, it is not an ‘open anyway’ button. In the link you need to go to the section that shows the error message you were getting and the discussion there.

In System Settings > select the Privacy and Security tab > scroll down and you will see a Security heading and 2 radio buttons below the heading “Allow applications downloaded from” – one says App Store, the other says App Store and Identified Developers > check the radio button App Store and Identified Developers. This will then trigger a message when opening ‘suspect’ apps that will allow you to open them anyway.

Cheers

#25902 Likes: 0
    digimooses
    Participant
    • Posts 21

Hi Shaley.

I have always had “The radio button App Store and Identified Developers” ticked. The error “Xxx.app is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash” is not offering any other options. Therefore xattr -cr takes me one step further.

About the testing time. As retired ex corporate Industrial Designer,  I have plenty of time. But, I am just a user with lots of learning ahead.

I am trying to build a 3d process based on NURBS modeling and Blender 3d Visualization. I am ex Keyshot with Network Rendering user. Bought the licenses also for home use. Keyshot is fantastic visualization software, and was working well, but came too expensive for a retiree with no business income.

What you and the BFA team are doing, is very interesting and welcoming. I don’t like Blender UI that much. Therefore, I would like to see BFA as a one part of my hobby pipeline for final renderings, if possible.

So, hopefully you and the BFA team can fix the problem for all of us. If  I am the only one having this problem, it is my typical bad luck. 😅

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.