Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi.

Downloaded Bforartists 3.0.1 Mac version and noticed that 3dConnexion SpaceMouse is not working. Works automatically on Blender 3.1.0, 2.9.3, 3dCoat and Fusion360. Is there an option to put on somewhere in the Preferences? Bforartists manual says that it SpaceMouse is supported.

Getting a new Mac Studio soon. Is Bforartists supporting M1 Max processors? How about Metal and GPU rendering?

If not, is Crowdrender network rendering supported?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) | 3.5 GHz 4-core Intel Core i7 | 32 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, 4 Gb.

#24392 Likes: 0
      Draise
      Participant

Hey there, have you tested the mouse with Blender 3.2? We currently use this architecture and they have been updating a lot of the NDOF controls in the keymaps. Can you kindly try out the Blender keymap just in case? They have lately, broken a lot of the tweak functions and updated others – so might be some growing pains. We could also try find the comparitive hotkey entries for the mouse or navigation settings. Unfortunately I don’t have one of those mice to test or troubleshoot….

The M1 processing for Cycles should bleed to our master eventually, will depend when Blender does it. Currently I am not sure if it’s in their master yet, so we have to wait. I think they are working that particular code in a separate branch.

I know of the crowdrender dev on Twitter – I think he has builds for Blender 3.1. So it should work here. Most addons that are compatible with Blender 3.1 or 3.0 should work here also. If it doesn’t, try log the error and give us a ping.

:dance:

#24393 Likes: 0
        Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply. I have not tested Blender 3.2, but I tested Bforartists v. 2.9.3, and the SpaceMouse didn’t work on that version either. Although I have long experience on 3d from the end of eighties, I am new to Blender and just learning it. I normally download and use official software versions and licenses only.

So, I will carry on with Blender, since I already programmed all the shortcuts to my 32-key Elgato Stream Deck. It will be also easier to follow all the YouTube-video tutorials. When I am a bit further with Blender, I may come back to Bforartists again. Hopefully everything will work better then. Keep on the good work.

#24394 Likes: 0
          BFA-Reiner
          Keymaster

Thanks. And best of luck with Blender 🙂

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#24396 Likes: 0
            Anonymous

Thanks. I cannot loase my hair any more. I’ve lost all with SDRC-Ideas, Wavefront, Alias, Catia 5 & 6 and Maya.

#24398 Likes: 0
              Anonymous

Hi.

I tested today 3DConnexion SpaceMouse with Blender 3.2.0 Alpha Mac Intel version. It works ok. So, any idea, why it is not working with Bforartists 3.1.0?

Naturally, I understand that these are not simple issues.

#24399 Likes: 0
                BFA-Reiner
                Keymaster

Thank you for your understanding. I don’t have a 3d mouse, i cannot even test such things, unfortunately …

Hm. I have indeed one last idea. Have you tested it with the Blender keymap? It can be that the Bforartists keymap simply lacks the necessary entries.

#24400 Likes: 0
                  Anonymous

Blender keymap tested. It didn’t work. I tried to add Bforartist as an application to 3DConnexion’s Application list, but no help.

#24401 Likes: 0
                    BFA-Reiner
                    Keymaster

Thanks for testing. I am honestly clueless what the cause could be. We have in the end the very same code 🙁

#24402 Likes: 0
                      Anonymous

You are welcome. I tested it also with really old wired SpaceMouse. Blender Worked, Bforartists did not.

Well, the driver is exactly the same. But, I think that very few Blender user uses SpaceMouse. I have used it about 15 years. Makes everything faster and more productive in 3d.

#24403 Likes: 0
                        BFA-Reiner
                        Keymaster

I have made it a bug report now. But as told in this report, i am simply clueless. I have no idea what the cause is. We have the same code, and you even tried the Blender keymap.

https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/issues/2928

Sorry that we cannot help you here 🙁

#24406 Likes: 0
                          Anonymous

Hopefully the bug will be located and fixed, if it is possible. 🤞👍

#24407 Likes: 0
                            Draise
                            Participant

I think I know someone who has a 3D mouse, let’s see if he can use it.

#24408 Likes: 0
                              Draise
                              Participant

Quick question, what are your navigations settings like in Blender? Maybe this has something with how Blender defaults from the Bforartists defaults?

#24409 Likes: 0
                                Anonymous

Blender Navigation settings:

Bforartists:

I noticed that when both applications are open 3DConnexion SpaceMouse is not working on Blender either. When closing Bforartists, SpaceMouse Starts work again on Blender.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.