Unleash the power of 3D

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

WMesh I love this addon. in Softimage, you could have parametric geometry, which you could then use for animation in MG or just dynamic booleans or something. It is great to work with everything parametric. With Wmesh, you get that. It’s free on Github, but support the developer if you can.

https://github.com/WiresoulStudio/W_Mesh_28x/releases
    https://blendermarket.com/products/wonder-mesh?ref=2

:dance:

#21252 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

I had a look at it today. It looks really promising 🙂

I would love to include such things. But we would run into big trouble with that. We cannot maintain third party addons …

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21253 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I have been thinking about that this year. There are so many great addons. There just is not central repository or library of addons – it’s always third party systems or the Blender Market, which is not that Global Public License feeling friendly.

Bforartists… I mean, I get why we don’t support addons, but a lot of these addons have repositories on Github and work with Bforartists. If they need support, they have their own trackers and developers.

But I wonder if it’s good for the artist to have a centralized repository of recommended addon links and their developer/tracker links shown officially with Bforartists? This is something Blender has sorely lacked for a very long time.

:dance:

#21310 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Ah, i have overlooked this response, sorry.

Alone to manage just a list of addons is lots of work. Blender had a wiki for the addons for quite a while. But this wiki became quickly outdated. And so they stopped it finally. It’s in general the same problem with including the addons. You need to make sure that you can keep everything updated for years and years …

That said, you could make a page with links to useful pages and addons if you want. Or post it here in the Addons section, like you did with this addon here 🙂

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.