Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I woud like to do a High Poly to Low Poly workflow but I can’t seem to find the Bake panel in the Render tab in Preferences.

This is pretty important for game modeling or optimizing renders.

Is this included with BFA? If so, where is it?

:dance:

#17113 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

It’s in the tool shelf. I’ve moved it to the tool shelf since it is a tool, not a setting Smile

And before you start searching for the issue, i have already closed it. Since all is well, and works as designed :)

#17114 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Oh awesome, you should update the docs for that!!!! Phew, man… I was panicking. I hated the idea of going back to Blender to do that.

#17115 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Sorry bout that ^^

Hm, i already have updated the manual. But it seems that i have overlooked something. That’s the problem with the Blender manual in general, and the reason for the rewrite. It is so fubar that it is hard to find something.

Where did you find the old chapter?

#17116 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Here it was: It mentioned another chapter I couldn’t find either, the Render Baking Guidelines.

I highly recommend throwing in links to relevant chapters or to an index PDF files within the PDF documents in the footer.

Cycles Render – Render baking

https://bforartists.de/data/manual/10.3.12%20Render%20-%20Cycles%20Render%20Engine%20-%20Render%20Baking.pdf

#17117 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Ah, thanks. I will have a look to fix this part :)

The idea with an index is unfortunately not to manage. Not in the old manual, and not in the new manual. Too much chapters, too much loose parts …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.