Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    randomguy
    Participant
    • Posts 4

Hi Guys,
    How about a Javascript version of Blender? ie. one that runs inside a Browser??!! Would be awesome, no? :) – Would solve a lot of problems with cross-platform compatibility, cause everyone has a browser…?
    …and also, how about changing the Game Engine so that it can make *games for the browser* as well, ie. Javascript? I think games on the web are the future, would be cool to be able to use Blender for that…..

I didn’t know where to post about this, so thought I’d post here :)

Thanks.

#17219 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi randomguy,

This will not work. Blender and Bforartists is written in C and Python. And there is simply no way to “rewrite” it in Javascript. It’s technically impossible :)

You could have a look at Blend4Web. I think it comes close to what you want https://www.blend4web.com/en/

As for games in the internet, what you search for is WebGL. There are various good tools around to create WebGL content. Even the game engine Unity exports to WebGL.

Kind regards

Reiner

#17222 Likes: 0
    randomguy
    Participant
    • Posts 4

Uhhh no bro – take a look at “Emscripten”. Google it :)

#17223 Likes: 0
    randomguy
    Participant
    • Posts 4

…and what about the game engine of Blender? :)

#17224 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hey randomguy

Not sure what you want to tell me here. The Blender game engine is also written in C and Python. And as told, it is technically impossible to “rewrite” it in javascript.

The Blender game engine isn’t supported in Bforartists anyways. It’s an outdated solution. When you want to make games then i would suggest to use Unity or Unreal instead.

Kind regards

Reiner

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.