Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I noticed in blender there are some “Specials” menu called by the W key that show up some context sensitive operators. I was wondering, would these all be found in the Panel to the side based off context too? Or are these all found the the Menu Banner of the viewport? Are they divided between the two? To be honest I am not sure what it’s for other than being a simpler Dynamic Spacebar feature.

I haven’t used it before, but I bumped into a hitch with a tutorial not knowing where the “Specials” menu was located (other than the Dynamic Spacebar addon).

Just to clarify, I only had difficulty knowing where to look for some “special” items.

:dance:

#17477 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hey Draise,

The specials menus in Blender is nothing else than double menus. You don’t need them. The content is arbitrary and doesn’t make any sense. And the menu items can all be found elsewhere. So nothing special. It’s just one of those fabulous Blender UI solutions in style of ” the other menus are already too crowded to find anything. So let’s just add yet another double menu to waste a hotkey, and crowd the UI even more”

Some addon developers are crazy enough to add an entry in this “specials” menu too though (luckily as of now also as double menu entry. Haven’t found one that just adds to the specials menu yet). And also the Blender keymap will reveal them. And so we have to keep them under the hood. But at the surface and with the Bforartists keymap the specials menus are gone in Bforartists. They are useless.

#17479 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Glad I don’t have to think about it now.

Just to say, I have been tutoring a student, and he opted to learn Blender, but I teach in BFA and I really can’t use Blender to teach well, and we burn so much time finding stuff in there that BFA is a piece of cake to learn in comparison..

BFA is handy to help teach a workflow that “can” work in Blander

:dance:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.