Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Posts 2

Hello I downloaded Bforartists on my Macbook Air because I wanted better controls than Blender for the trackpad and I like it a lot more but I wonder if I can make it like MoI3D? On MoI3D it’s perfect on the trackpad, you can basically do everything with one hand with MoI3D. Two finger drag to pan, two finger click drag to rotate, pinch to zoom and you can even multi select without pressing any keys. You can try it if you don’t understand what I mean, they have a 90 day free trial.

#25121 Likes: 1
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Hey there, looks like a promising idea. At the moment I don’t have access to a mac, so I am not sure how to set up the keymap to work with multi digit input from the trackpad. If you go into the User Preferences under the Edit header menu, go to Hotkeys, go to the Mac OS map, and then go to the 3D View category. Search for the viewport controls and see what kind of input you can use – and how they work.

There is a possibility that you can program these controls yourself, but without the hardware I cannot help at the moment.

A hint that may help, the multi-diget input may have a corresponding mouse command, in this case you COULD re-program to how you’d like, but you’d have to find out what peripheral input those gestures do to the software to interpret it in the keymap correctly.

This post has received 1 Likes.

:dance:

#25122 Likes: 1
    Anonymous
    • Posts 2

Ok I think I figured out how to do it. Good thing is that I don’t have to change the controls for all sections in Bforartists like in Blender so that’s nice. Pretty easy to do just go to 3D View (Global), find the second Roate View and copy the controls to Pan view then untick or delete the Rotate View. Can’t figure out how to do the multi select with only the trackpad though but it’s no big deal for me since I don’t personally need that.

This post has received 1 Likes.
    #25124 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Oh good, glad you could figure it out!

:dance:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.