Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ochhanz
    Participant

Hi,

How does one set texture, normal texture and a 3rd texture for a material in bforartists2? I knew how to do it in version 1 and in Blender but I cannot find the material options anymore in version 2 to set the textures from image files.

note: I use the blender engine. It is for 3d models that I want to import later in a game engine.

Thanks

#20650 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

Hi Ochanz,

This is done by nodes only now. This part is not different from Bforartists 1 and old Blender 2.79 with Cycles renderer. But a bit more tricky than the old BI materials.

Switch to shading tab with your object. Add a material to your object if you haven’t already. In the Properties editor have a look for the Materials Library VX panel. Here you can find lots of useful examples. I would start with the Basic library. And add a few materials from there by simply clicking at the Apply button.

I hope that helps :)

Kind regards Reiner

#20651 Likes: 0
        ochhanz
        Participant

Thank you Reiner it works great now :-) (I used the ‘simple texture normal’ then added a ‘3rd texture’, ’emission’ and ‘add shader’ nodes), I also think it is better this way makes Blender less bloated.

Small request: could you make it that in the Shading node ui that we can move around with a touchpad? Zoom in and out already works but for moving around we need to use a mouse scroll now it seems. Thanks in advance.

#20653 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

Great to hear :)

Hm, i don’t have a touch device. could you please switch to the Blender keymap and have a look if it works there? This would give us a hint if we have a problem in our keymap, or if it is a general problem that needs a fix in the Blender core code. 

#20657 Likes: 0
            davis
            Participant

Actually you can also modify all material settings and the textures in the material roll out on the right in list format. – The node editor is more visual and easier to understand for complex materials, but I often use the list view for some quick modifications without the need to go to the node editor. – Just click on the small square next to the different material parametes and a menu pops up with all the possible options for this slot.

#20692 Likes: 0
              Roundcircle

Actually, very nice tip, davis. I used to jump back back and forth to the node editor, but this is way faster in certain cases.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.