Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rkula
    Participant

Dear Developers,

I thank you in advance for 5 mins of your time. The Bforartist software has been specifically identified as a suitable candidate (i.e., with a practical example in Bforartist) for our project on meta maintenance of OSS projects.

https://forms.gle/2Xr4SNzs1XXY8VDU9

PROJECT TITLE: Evaluating Meta Maintenance in Open Source Software Development

RESEARCHER: Hideaki Hata, Christoph Treude, Raula Gaikovina Kula, Takashi Ishio

The aim of this project is to evaluate our proposed new approach of contributions to FLOSS projects. Because of the reusability of FLOSS, pieces of source code from the same origins spread to multiple software repositories are maintained independently, which can cause the obsolescence of source code and the increasing risk of defects and vulnerabilities. For these issues, we intend to aggregate various changes for source code of the same origins, compose integrated changes and distribute to FLOSS projects that have the related source code. We call this approach meta maintenance. We hope to be able to have a better grasp in understanding the important points of such contributions so that we can build practical tools of meta maintenance.

I do not want to take too much of your time, so please go ahead to read out the information sheet, consent form and the 10 questions.

Again we thank you in advance,

Hideaki Hata, Christoph Treude, Raula Gaikovina Kula, Takashi Ishio

#20622 Likes: 0
      rkula
      Participant

This is the first time I have posted to this forum, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum.

#20623 Likes: 0
        Reiner
        Participant

Hi rkula,

It is in the correct section, no worries. And sorry for the anti spam protection blocking. New users needs a review of the admins. Your posting is now published :)

Just to be clear, are we developers meant? Or is this a general survey for the users too? Because the link is now publically available.

Kind regards

Reiner

#20624 Likes: 0
          rkula
          Participant

Hi Reiner,

Thank you for making us feel welcome. The target is for developers, but our intention is to open it up to anyone that is part of the project.

Many thanks,

Raula

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.