Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster

I just watched the newest development video from Pablo. Some of the changes are really nice. But it seems that the Blender devs are back at the hotkeys must succeed train. One step forward, two steps back …

What are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9TNeaB5_pE

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#22034 Likes: 0
      Draise
      Participant

I was just about to share this…. I like that they are polishing things to a degree… but that polishing is… HOTKEYS. WTF!? I prefer a mouse over button and have been using a completely different solution for that kind of thing.

But I think this would be preaching to the choir – we all know I’m a big BFA fan.

I’m still not a big fan of the modifier stack system in general – huge stacks are.. not a great UX in general… I’ve been using the Modifier List addon for ages now – I wish anything stack related worked this way, very happy with it. It also adds functionality to the modifiers that just make sense, like really good boolean managing concerning viewport toggles and things, etc. I should propose it in the tracker one day for UX.

I think a stack should be shown in the same way particle systems, vertex groups, and anything with a box should be shown. I also think a modifier should be shown once with all it’s buttons exposed, and reordering done there… but that’s my own opinion.

There also is a modifier search, which has been super useful.

The very idea that the addon community is so alive for this is testament that the opensource development for the source has a gateway…

:dance:

#22035 Likes: 0
        BFA-Reiner
        Keymaster

Yes please. Make tracker issues 🙂

Modifers is one of the areas that i want to improve since eons. Especially since they have “improved” it now. This beast is C code though nowadays. Not Python anymore. So not my favourite job really …

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.