Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Here is a little log of my weekend challenge entry over at the blenderartists forum. – This weeks theme: “aviation”

First of I modeled the plane and the pilot. Since it will be a still I did not care about modeling the whole character, but stuck with the parts that will be visible in the final image.

>>> pilot and plane put together, still missing the co pilot though. ;)

>>> On we go, the co pilot is ready to take its seat. ^^

>>> Some composition testing for the “focus elements” of the scene.

>>> Next I did a bit of experimenting with the lighting and a procedual sky texture. I am not sure yet, if I like it. First it´s on with the background elements I think.

To be continued. ;)

#20155 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Some “happy clouds” and a few rainbows later …  Render time is up from one to nineteen minutes due to the clouds. :/  ^^

To be continued. ;)

#20156 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Nice style. I like it :)

#20157 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

A heart shaped looping? – Yes.^^

I think I am done with the scene. Now on to final rendering.

#20158 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Here is the final scene.

Lightsetup: Two suns, one hard one for the reflections and a soft one for the lighting, a blueish mesh light for the fill light from the right and a soft environment sky light for the overall scene.

And of course, the final image. ;)

“Over the rainbow”

Modeled and rendered in BforArtists with some minor color adjustments in Affinity Photo afterwards. – This one is about the joy of aviation and flying around in a candy colored world. ^^

By the way, if there is a BfA 2.0 version coming, I would like to suggest this one as the next splash screen.

#20159 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

A new Bforartists version will come. And new splash screens are always welcome. Thanks :)

#20160 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I love the character design. Excellent work. Were they poly built or sculpted? Retopology was involved?

:dance:

#20161 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

The characters were simply poly modeled, but I used the sculpting grab and smooth brushes a lot to do some shaping of the mouth area. No dyntopo though. I actually tried it with dyntopo in the beginning, but after the second crash I just went the odschool way.

#20174 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I will publish this one to FB with the link soon!

#20175 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Maybe you can also post, that it was most voted in the weekend challenge and is featured in the top row of blenderartists? :D

https://blenderartists.org/

#20178 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Great little fact! I linked it in the photo that published.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.