Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hinny
    Participant
    • Posts 2

Hi,

I encountered a little problem with this awesome tool.

When I am in weight paint mode and using bforartists default user settings, I cannot select a bone in my armature without having to first change to pose mode and select another bone then go back into weight paint mode again.

Since the LMB is used for PAINT instead of SELECT when in paint mode it seems impossible to select a bone.

In blender this was done with RMB, but RMB is mapped to navigating the view in bforartists default user settings. Is there another way of selecting a new bone while in weight paint mode? Is there a keyboard shortcut (or possible to map one) that solves this issue?

(As a side note: blender also suffer from this fenomen if you change the settings so you select with LMB instead of RMB. It is a known bug in blender that noone seems to be interested to fix.)

#19154 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi Hinny,

Yes, obviously you cannot do both with the same action, select and paint. But the solution is easy. To select a new bone for weightpainting, hold down ctrl, then click at your bone :)

Hope that helps :)

Kind regards

Reiner

#19157 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Just wanted to add, this is also mentioned in the Important Hotkeys help text :)

#19158 Likes: 0
    Hinny
    Participant
    • Posts 2

Ah, I see. That was easy! Thanks a lot for your quick and friendly answer!

I have to remember using the hotkeys help text. Sounds really useful wink

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.