Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Deadlytoad
    Participant

Hi, 

I am new to blender/bforartist in general I like the user interface that is designed out for bforartist. It is alot more professional and easier to use then say blender. Where should I start to learn bforartist? Also I heard when learning that I should make custom hot keys as blender is famous for hot key configuration?

Thanks

#20518 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

Hi Deadlytoat,

The official learning videos for Bforartists 1 can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0iqEbIPQTZEkNWmGcIFGubrLYSDi5Og

Bforartists 2 is currently in development. So we don’t have learning videos or proper documentation for it yet. First we need to finish the features before we can describe them.

There shouldn’t be any need to configure anything. Blender may be famous for hotkeys. Bforartists is not. Doesn’t mean that you don’t need hotkeys in Bforartists. But not in the scope as in Blender. And they are all already configured.

Kind regards and lots of fun with Bforartists

Reiner

#20519 Likes: 0
        Deadlytoad
        Participant

Nice, I am going to be using bforartist for sure. I am not sure how regular blender could be any faster then bforartist when blenders UI is so terrible lol.

#20520 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

It isn’t. The hotkey only workflow is in fact slower. You spend lots of time at searching and watching tutorials and pressing Undo since nothing is self explaining. 

To be fair, the hotkey centered workflow has its benefits. But you can’t make 1500 operators hotkey only. Nobody can recognize so much. The fastest workflow is a mix of a good graphical UI and hotkeys where it is a benefit. With the graphical UI as the base.

Blender 2.80 will be a game changer here, at least for the Blender users. They have finally agreed at the importance of a good graphical UI, and implemented quite a few improvements. Like icon buttons in the tool shelf. But we had it first. And as you know, we work already at Bforartists 2, which will bring even more improvements over the Blender 2.80 UI :)

#20644 Likes: 0
            ochhanz
            Participant

Just wanted to say thank you for the hard work, bforartists is much better to use on laptops than blender in my opinion. I also like how the 2nd version of bforartists is more touch friendly, which makes it suitable for Surface Pro like devices. Great work! smiley

#20645 Likes: 0
              Reiner
              Participant

#20695 Likes: 0
                slippy
                Participant

My method was to create an animation in B4 immediately after downloading and installing it.  Blender Youtube tutotials helped a lot but, in my case, I had an idea and just saw it through with B4.

#20700 Likes: 0
                  Roundcircle

I am 100 % with Rainer. Really, it doesn’t make any sense to make an UX quasi hotkey-only. How could anyone only think that an UI might not contribute at least a little bit of workflow improvement. I just don’t understand such a thinking. This was the exact reason why Blender never appealed to me, but now it does thanks to the help of Bforartists.

#20704 Likes: 0
                    Draise
                    Participant

I agree there. I have stopped using Blender and prefer B4 a long time now.

:dance:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.