Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Hi there

I wonder if there is an addon for BforArtists that make possible to (import/export) Milkshape3D “*.ms3d” files. I know for Blender v2.66 (not sure) it have this addon plugin into. But i try to find out if there is some addons that make possible to import/export ms3d files? Many peoples think Milkshape3D modeling software is outdated. But i know that Futurepinball software that is still very popular and BAM Better Arcade Mode is well known. Even in the year 2020 and even with a Windows 10 OS.

Is there is some place to find this addons to put into BforArtists, to import/export ms3d files? Also how to put this addon and install it (step by step) for BforArtists?

Thank’s for your time and help.

A+

#22322 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi 20degree,

I think i have seen such an addon. But i am not sure where and when. Milkshape 3d is too uncommon nowadays to include it into Bforartists though. And i am pretty sure that you would need to fix the addon too, since it was for Blender 2.6x as far as i remember. So you would first to convert it to Blender 2.8x

In general we just include the official Blender addons, plus our own ones. No third party ones. As sorry as i am, we lack the manpower to maintain addons too.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#22507 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thank’s for your reply. A+

#23960 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

I have found an addon for the software Blender version 2.79b, but it is said to not work with later versions. I wonder if there is experts that could be able to recreate this addon zip install file, but for the software BforArtists version 2.9.3

This addon for Blender version 2.79b can make possible to import and export Milkshape3d files (ms3d). It’s hard to believe but ms3d 3d model files is still used. Like the software Futurepinball use ms3d files. With the advanced features of a complimentary software called BAM (Better Arcade Mode); it can be used to create realistics pinball games. Even pinball games with special fx effects like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QcjBcTkVN0

I think the oldest version of Blender that had the possibility to import and export Milkshape3d file is Blender version 2.66. So when you think that peoples have done some work to make some zip install addon to work on Blender v2.79b, this indicate there is still peoples that have interest into the possibility to import-export-create (ms3d) Milkshape3d files.

I join this zip install addon here. I’m just hopping that some peoples will be able to create with it here some “zip install ms3d addon file” for the software BforArtists 2.9.3. Thank’s for your time.

#23963 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi 20degree,

An addon for Blender 2.79 will not work in Bforartists 2, sorry. Bforartists 2 is based at Blender 2.8x and higher. Milkshape 3D is also highly outdated. The last version is from 2009. I doubt that you will find developers for this job. There is not enough gain to convert a script that is just used by a handful of people.

Your best bet is to either use Blender 2.79 or Bforartists 1 to import the ms3d content by the importer, then save the scene, and reopen it in Bforartists 2.

Kind regards

Reiner

#24002 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thank’s for the reply BFA. So i know that BforArtists version 1.0.0 is based on Blender version 2.79b. It’s real nice that it is still here the version 1 for windows 32 bit and 64 bit. This also with the great pdf guide of more then 2700 pages.

I can say that fiew days ago because of your reply, that i indicated BforArtists version 1 with the pdf guide for it. This with the Milkshape3d addon. Spoken at: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/bforartists-with-milkshape3d-addons.21131/

I can say from there stats, that there is already more then 25 views already. That’s nice because i am still glad to promote BforArtists, having a free 3d modeling software that is more intuitive, that can be i think even used on a usb key as portable; also that is more mouse click rather than keyboard shotcuts. BforArtists is an amazing great software. Keep continuing the great work!

I have tried to find the source code for BforArtists 1.0.0, because of the gpl license; so that i can share/distribute the software with no modifications. It could help BforArtists have more peoples help, but sadly i dont know where to put the link to the source code for BforArtists version 1.0.0. Maybe some would like to create the ms3d addon for later versions. So i think that i cannot share or distribute sadly, because cant link to the source code.

Thank’s for your time and thank’s for your help. A+

#24003 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

The source code is at Github. And can be f0und in the releases tab. Here is the release for version 1.0.0: https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/releases/tag/v1.0.0

But note that you will have a very hard time to compile it because of the dependencies. They are not included. You need to dig in the Blender archives to find the dependencies that are required to compile Blender 2.79/Bforartists 1.

The development continues permanently. We are currently at Bforartists version 2.9.3. And in december we will have Bforartists 3 when Blender 3 gets released.

#24079 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thanks A+

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.