Unleash the power of 3D

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    micmac
    Participant
    • Posts 14

Hi there

Im new to BFA, so I might not know all the refinements.

When you have to ajust the pivotpoint over and over again, it becomes a little cumbersome to show the option menu, click “Pivot option” then go back and check if the change was good and so forth. The option menu must be shown over and over again.

Could there be a simple toggle in the main interface for affecting Pivot point.

In my old 3d software “Carrara 3D” this was done with the “hold-shift”-key. (above shift-key) This was super handy for quick toggle on of.

Thanks

Michael

#23113 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi micmac,

There is a pie menu for the transform pivot point available. The hotkey is dot.

Kind regards

Reiner

Attachments:

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#23115 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

When you talk of the pivot point, are you meaning the transform orientation or the origin of the object (like the center)?

To get this menu in a more accessible way, you can use the pie menu or even assign a hotkey to it – but it’s still a hotkey. I think we made a task to try expose these up a level, but we decided against it due to bloat, but maybe we can make it optional somewhere…

The other is the toolbar has some origin and pivot options that you can toggle and show. The toolbar is very customizable.

Unless you are referting to pivot snapping? Like snap to origin, or snap to vertex? You can hold down CTRL and it will snap to whatever snapping settings you have at the top right.

:dance:

#23116 Likes: 0
    micmac
    Participant
    • Posts 14

Thanks for the answers to both of you

In object mode none of the suggestion let you move Pivot point (orange dot) directly.

Mic

#23118 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

When you tick Affect only Origins in the Options panel in the Tools tab, then you can move the origin independant from the mesh. Hope this is what you are looking for 🙂

Attachments:

#23120 Likes: 0
    micmac
    Participant
    • Posts 14

That was it!

I now see that it is also in Blender.

But thanks!

Mic

#23122 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

You’re welcome. Glad it works for you 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.