Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Wolfsbane
    Participant

Hello ive been downloading Bforartists and i would love to use it instead of Blender. I would like to know however how to fix an issue that seems pretty simple but i dont know where to start with. I tried installing Luxrender and in Blender it works but in Bforartists it says:

file “…RoamingBforartistsBforartists2.79scriptsaddonsluxrender_init_.py” line 148, in register nodeitems_utils.register_node_categories(“LUX_SHADER”. ui.node_editor.luxrender_node_categories_material) NameError: name ‘ui’ is not defined. 

If its possible i would also love to know learn how to solve such issues in future by my own. Any help is appreciated :)

#18653 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

Hi Wolfsbane,

Hm, seems that you have found a bug here. I have to install Luxrender first and check the problem before i can give any advice here.

#18654 Likes: 0
        Reiner
        Participant

Task created: https://www.bforartists.de/content/luxrender-doesnt-work-bforartists

I assume that you have installed the latest version from the Luxrender page? Which is for Blender 2.6x?

Argh, they start to link me around. Download page states that you need export plugin. Export plugin says the download is at the download page …

#18656 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

Have the addon. It was included in the installer.

The last Bforartists version that worked with Luxrender was Bforartists 0.9.2.

I haven’t really nailed it down. But the new Blender version from Buildbot fails at Luxrender too. With same error message. And i guess it’s the same cause.

The problem is, Blender does not fix external addons. You might need to contact Luxrender here to get a fix. Seems that an updated version of the script is required.

#18657 Likes: 0
            Wolfsbane
            Participant

Wow thank you so much for the fast response and help. And i will just ask them then for a hotfix or something like that, still big thanks!

#18658 Likes: 0
              Reiner
              Participant

Fingers crossed that it is of help. The buildbot version is no official build yet. And the latest official Blender version works fine with Luxrender. I wish i could offer more helph here.

#18659 Likes: 0
                Wolfsbane
                Participant

Sadly didnt got much help. Developer wrote that this is related to changes for the upcoming blender 2.8. I dont quiet understand the statement “luxblend will only work up to 2.97(a)” which Bforartists is…

#18660 Likes: 0
                  davis
                  Participant

I am wondering, why do you want to go with Luxrender? I tried Luxrender before and it gets some really nice results, however Cycles is much more integrated in BforArtists / Blender and just as good if not better. After some experimenting, I am actually quite amazed with the possibilities of it. Its only weakness are interior scenes, that need alot of sampling to get them noise free, but the new denoise function helps a lot here for faster renderings. – For the most common render needs, I would put the Cycles results up there with Vray by now.

If you want to try Lux Render you can also use BfA for modeling and scene setup and then open your file in a Blender version, that supports Lux, so you can do some experimenting there. – Consider it an external renderer. ^^

#18662 Likes: 0
                    Wolfsbane
                    Participant

Ive also thought about this tho. But besides im just searching a free renderer, used student version of maya for years and im experienced as 3D Artist but i dont have that much money right now and would need open source software to make some. I considered maybe buying indigo because it’s quiet cheap but it doesnt support hair nor particles, im currently looking at TheaRender, seems also nice. But vray i wouldnt ever consider again, dated rgb renderer that looks always too bright and thus too “cartoonish”, im looking forward for Fstorm to become available for Blender.

#18663 Likes: 0
                      Reiner
                      Participant

Sorry for the bad news

Well, it works in Blender 2.79 (which still baffles me). Maybe they did not understand that it will quit working in 2.79a. Have you told them to use the newest buildbot build?

Anyways. The task is still open. Maybe i am able to find the cause why it works in 2.79 and not in Bforartists 0.9.5. But i cannot promise anything here.

#18664 Likes: 0
                        davis
                        Participant

Same here, twenty years Max user and Vray master.^^ But it´s a different story for personal projects if you don´t get the software provided by an employer, indeed. BfA and Cycles is a great way to go for me and actually gives me all the functionality I need to create professional work.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? – Maybe the new Radeon Pro renderer is also something to try? – This one will for sure get more updates and support than Lux (or even cycles) …  https://pro.radeon.com/en/software/prorender/

#18666 Likes: 0
                          Wolfsbane
                          Participant

Well photorealism, im a perfectionist and easily find myself tweaking 16 hrs a single material for grass whilst collecting 60 reference pictures from a specific species (example: lolium multiflorum, agrostis capillaris, etc) and even modeling it in medium/high poly with realistic folding/rolling for scattering use (yea ik it will be slow but quality > quantity, but were all german here so i think we understand that concept very well haha). I was mostly using Arnold but wasnt really satisfied, spectral renders are just the best in my opinion. But to the actual question, realistic archaeological reconstruction in a way that it can be imagined like modern cities/houses/things on pictures. :) and thanks for the recommendations!

#18667 Likes: 0
                            Wolfsbane
                            Participant

Thank you! But no i didnt wrote this to them, software can be pretty weird i guess

#18668 Likes: 0
                              davis
                              Participant

I believe Cycles will be your best (or at least cheapest) bet, instead of investing into Indigo or Thea. – You can achieve the same results just within Cycles for sure. – What I came to like about it is that it allows for a lot of “cheating” as well. If you don´t rely on physically correct simulation only to achieve realism this is definetely a capable solution. –  Also photorealism hardly ever comes straight out of a renderer, so also take a look at the built in compositor if you are not using any standalone solution for this already?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.