Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Really? Hm. Need to reinvest here. But we would need to tweak the addon a bit. For example that it appears in the material tab, and not in the properties sidebar.

#19659 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Checked again. Appealing. But No word at licensing. And that’s inclusion out, unfortunately. Which means also the materials, since they include image material too :(

Homepage: http://www.dragoneex.com/downloads/dynamat-add-on

We can still borrow the shader setup here and there, since this cannot be copy righted. But for inclusion of the addon we would have to wait for a word from the author.

#19660 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hmmm. The biggest problem for the materials library vx addon seems to be the preview, right? We could display the preview window directly in the addon. That’s of course a double menu entry then. But for a good reason.

The only thing that would be missing is auto preview then when switching the categories. You would still have to click the preview button. But that’s better than nothing i would say :)

What do you think?

#19661 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Dynamat throws unfunny errors. Another reason not to include it. And the official addon is Materials Library VX …

Two more small tweaks. What do you think?

I guess i will open a issue now for this ^^

#19662 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699
    #19663 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

A word to the involved textures, i would say we should include it into the material library. It becomes too messy in the addon folder with external textures.

#19664 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Looks good with the preview included in the library itself. – Automatic loading of the preview would be great of course. Not sure how complicated that would be to implement? Basicallly it would just have to activate whatever the preview button does on click of a material?

#19665 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Heh, if it would be this easy … :D

I’m already happy to include the preview into the addon :)

#19666 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

The preview display to the VX library is genious. Hitting “refresh” to preview is more than fine. 

:dance:

#19667 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Preparing the blend files for the library is a pain in the butt. Again i have some stuff that i simply cannot remove from the blend files, no matter what i do -.-

#19668 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Okay, i not only had to remove the node, but also untick use nodes to get rid of at least two of the three texture types here.

And for the render result i had to unlink, save and reopen for three times before it was gone.

What an utter garbage this linking system is …

#19669 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

A Compositing library would be nice to have!

And one for World.

#19670 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Okay, the current material libraries from Davis are now included. 

#19671 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

have you tried removing Orpha Data?

:dance:

#19672 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

What is Orpha Data? :D

Ah you mean orphan data, and appending to a new blend file. Good idea for the next time. Thanks :)

Hm, the foliage shaders gives me problems. Somebody an idea why this node setup for a leaf shader with Principled here doesn’t work? Blend file is attached.

And feel free to add any material that fits into the foliage category :)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.