Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant

Layout Layout (Dual editor, one for camera distraction free and higher quality viewport with a faster viewport that has all the controls and editing. Layers panel visible for quick layout orginization. Audio and VSE viewer to aid in marker/animatic viewing. Overview moved to the bottom side to make better realestate with the viewports. Preferences still visible. Dopesheet visible.)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/u45p73i392sswf5/Layout_Layout.PNG

Video Player Layout (floating viewer with it’s own audio and timeline to view the animatic without any distractions and create markers. Minimalized. Easy to switch to or to have floating)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ter1wf2pr13lt36/Video_Player_Layout.PNG

:dance:

#16335 Likes: 0
      Draise
      Participant

I like them to the right – due to the fact that I don’t have to zigzag my mouse to select tab then ithe item.. but more: direct move to tab, select, move to item in same direction (moving left). 

Though I have never had this system in experience because most systems have them always “out of the way”. 

I do also like the fact that I immediately know what tab I’m in on mouse over instead of having to glance to the side on the Left to take note of whatever panel I’m in. 

#16336 Likes: 0
        Reiner
        Participant

Thanks Draise :)

Ah, Videoplayer … Bforartists doesn’t officially support Video editing at the moment. I have no default video editing layout anymore :)

Let’s have a look how the port to Blender 2.78 turns out. I plan to include the game engine again, and to keep the Video editing layout there.

#16377 Likes: 0
          Draise
          Participant

I hope you keep in the VSE in the next release. There is no other way to view audio files for lipsync animation, and there would be no camera sequencer built in (you can rearrange scene files in the editor). This really limits creativity when it comes to animation and production for linear animation content. 

#16378 Likes: 0
            Reiner
            Participant

VSE was never gone. Just the layout was removed, and the editor was marked as legacy. Besides that everything was still functional. I am currently at porting Bforartists to Blender 2.78. VSE layout is already back. And Game Engine too :)

I still think though that you are better suited to use a proper video editor and a proper game engine instead of the outdated stuff in Blender.

#16395 Likes: 0
              Draise
              Participant

Ah, good to know… I am not really a fan of the other video editors.. the others are not cheap, nor as integrated into the 3D space – and the other opensource ones only run on Linux, or are also antiquated or quirky. Blender the best animatic software there is that I know of – for 3D animation, haha as weird as that sounds. Just the Greasepencil and scene management with video editing of your 3D scenes without having to re-render or export anything alone is really nice – also the fact that you have trimmable flexible strips and the basics to do all kinds of editing. The proxies of the editor are manageable too for hardware sake. 

Though I do have to agree with you and the game engine yeah, it is dated. But the VSE is still good compared to the competition. 

#16561 Likes: 0
                Draise
                Participant

The layout button switcher.. is a but cluttersome in my opinion, also the very fact that you have to warn people not to bug with the very editable layout manager to not break that panel in the mouseover is… really iffy. I would recommend a couple of buttons that switches and toggles the layouts in increments. Like Next Layout, Previous Layout. (Shortcut Left_CTRL+Left/Right) With that you will avoid people accidentally breaking the panel not knowing how to fix it, and thus have them say Bforartists sucks (though it’s human error). 

#16562 Likes: 0
                  Reiner
                  Participant

I share your concerns. I still search for a better solution here. I am also not happy. There are two open tasks in the tracker regarding those buttons. But it’s not this easy. And the current solution is better than nothing. And i think users are very clever :)

#16571 Likes: 0
                    Draise
                    Participant

Maybe a tagged layout system, with number buttons. So whatever you name your layout, it will tag to that button. 

Name layout “1. Default”, tags to button 1. 

If no tag, then button is greyed out. Allowing for that human error, and the addition of custom layout to the new assigned tag and button. 

Would give the artist felxibility make quick custom layout switches and he would know when it’s broken. 

But yeah, I bet it must be difficult, no rush… I just do visual programming with node structures, and that is not even great stuff and takes forever. 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.