Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mack7963
    Participant
    • Posts 3

hi whoever is reading this, so i am not sure if this is what should happen or if there is something i need to do in the settings, i have checked the internet and can find no reference to this issue, so i literally downloaded Bforartists 10 mins ago and installed it, after my previous experience which was frustrating to say the least, when BforArtists opened up i thought “finally, this looks how i wanted Blender to look”, then i added a cube to the view port, to say my heart sank would be an understatement, if you look at the picture the cube has a double outline, i had the exact same thing happen in blender 2.83, and i am pretty sure it shouldn’t be like that because Blender 2.82 has a sing;e outline on selected objects, is it a bug, should i submit a bug report? what do i do, hope someone can help.

#21979 Likes: 0
    mack7963
    Participant
    • Posts 3

so i found this as well

Attachments:
    #21981 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi mack,

I fear you have answered your question already. Your hardware seems not to be supported well enough. And when it happens in Blender then it happens of course in Bforartists too. Since we rely at Blender.

You have now two opportunities. Upgrade your hardware. Or downgrade your software. Means an older version of Bforartists or Blender.

Sorry that i don’t have better news.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21984 Likes: 0
    mack7963
    Participant
    • Posts 3

hi Reiner

i appreciate the answer, i am shocked that this is down to hardware, i fail to see how the same hardware that produced a single outline in 2.82 now produces two outlines and needs upgrading to only produce a single outline, anyway as io said, thank you for taking the time to provide an answer, if i may ask, before i download it and presuming its still available, is the previous version of BforArtists drastically different than the current release?, i just dont want to head into another disappointment.

mack

#21985 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Yes it is drastically different. Bforartists 1 is based at Blender 2.79. And does not have the features from Blender 2.80 and higher. It is an older version with all its consequences. Including that we don’t support it anymore. It is old and outdated.

The problem with old hardware is, at one point you have to make a cut to allow new techniques. Blender 2.80 has a completely new viewport engine that does not run well at old hardware anymore. The hardware recommendations for Blender 2.80 and higher has drastically increases compared to Blender 2.79.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21986 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

There is a Bforartists 2 – 0.9 series that might be built off 2.82, so the double line issue wouldn’t be there. I noticed you mentioned 2.82 was fine, but not 2.83. In the github of BFA you can find versions (albeat the alpha and beta versions) – but they are as stable as Blender 2.82.

:dance:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.