Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ivan Paulos Tome
    Participant
    • Posts 2

Hi !

Bforartists can be considered as a “Tohupuu” like ?

I do remember that 10 years ago, we had another separate development tree whereas coders could test and implement new features and share information about Blender implementations. I don’t think that it is the main purpose of this fork, but it is very interesting to see another fork whereas some (new) coders could learn a bit more about how to implement things.

Are there install scripts to Linux maintainers ?

The question that remains:

Do you (coders) have a median grade team that could make a bridge for new coders ?

#16526 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi Ivan Paolus Tome,

Let’s see if i can answer your questions :)

Bforartists can be considered as a “Tohupuu” like ?

No. Bforartists is for the end users, not a playground for programmers. The Blender Tohupuu branch still exists from what i know. But Bforartists is completely independant from Blender. It is not a branch. It is a complete fork. With the goal to improve the user interface.

Are there install scripts to Linux maintainers ?

Install scripts does not exist. And are not neccessary. At least not that i know of. You clone the master at your system, install the dependencies and all needed software, and you should be ready to go.

Do you (coders) have a median grade team that could make a bridge for new coders ?

I had some helping hands here and there so far. But i am currently alone. And i fear i am of no big help when it comes to C. I hate it. And am still lost in big parts ^^

If even then we search for experienced programmers. My limited knowledge limits what the fork can be, i am no great programmer. But every helping hand is welcome :)

Kind regards

Reiner

#16528 Likes: 0
    Ivan Paulos Tome
    Participant
    • Posts 2

Many thanks for your answer Reiner !

Do you have an IRC channel for direct conversations ?

#16529 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Not anymore, sorry. We have this forum. And we have PM :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.