Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

I have added this new topic Importing Texture into BforArtists v2

I would like that you see (page 35 to 37) BFA so like that you can understand visually that i would like to know each steps to import a texture into BforArtists v2. Here is the link to the guide at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ANvDZvigt1y_UpNUBHhKyY2pZLu8HMr

I feel a lot lost into BforArtists v2. I click on Edit Mode, then UV to see the faces of the model. I notice also that i see a tab called “material properties” with the buttons (New/Assign/Select/Deselect) Clicking on New make “many many” options apear. (Preview/Surface/Subsurface/Node/Volume/Settings/Material Library VX/Categorie Tools/Viewport Display/Custom Properties/etc. etc. etc.)

I do experimentations right now, but i feel like being an idiot and feel so lost also.

Thank’s for your time and help.

A+

#21706 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Textures can be added in various ways and in more than one location. Could you please be more precise what you want to achieve?

EDIT, to make it short, the best method is to create a material with a texture. This has the fewest pitfalls.

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21708 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

I join an image of BforArtists v2. You will notice that i try many things.

The steps i have done (to experiment texturing)…

First i have my model, then go into edit mode, after go into Smart Uv Project. Next i click on the UV tab that make apear the faces. After i then choose open image (the image should be put on the model). On my UV there is a simple cube that have 6 faces. I have put just to test some baby image on a floor, that is under the 6 cubes faces. If i’m correct the place where there is the cubes faces should show the baby image under on the cube that is onto the grid. But dont know why i dont see it the baby parts on the cube.

The Viewport Shading is clicked “white ball with red squares” just beside the UV as shown on the image. So i should see the baby on the cube “Material Preview”. But i see some other texture, that by experimenting you see on the cube a texture “test texture” covering the cube as in the image. Later i might ask creating some animated characters that has some texture onto and make them in the “animation tab” as some movie or maybe for games.

A+

Attachments:
    #21710 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

You need to change the image in the node editor. That’s why i said create a material.

The material from the material fx library has already a image attached. You need to change it.

Attachments:

#21730 Likes: 1
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thank’s BFA it have help me a lot the joined image. By doing some experimenations, the baby on floor “test image” has been put on the cube perfectly. So with the Smart UV mapped (Export UV Layout image) it will definitly help in texturing 3D selected model.

Also just letting you know that they are peoples that have writen that my “old guide” that have both version printscreens of BforArtists v1 and v2, make the guide mixed. So i’m gonna make a new free pdf guide but just about BforArtists v2. Ive got to say that there is more then 4000 view already, the first post was on feb 23th (less than 2 month). I’m so happy to have found BforArtists wich is more intuitive (less keyboard keys to press) more mouse click and simpler. With all thoses views already, i do think there is more peoples visits or/and members of BforAtists. That’s superbe!

I’m so glad to contribute volontary “free” to make BforArtists more known for peoples. Well with all the things ive learned so far, i can still explain them in the new free pdf guide about BforArtists v2; the infos and instructions are not lost. So no need to start from scratch again.

Thank’s very much BFA for all your help and all you have done for me. I know, i know there are peoples that say to me that i repeat my self. It’s always important for my self to give my thanks and appreciations to peoples. I think if there was no coronavirus, and that you would be a neighbour of me; that i would share with you 2 pieces of the all dress pizza that was delivered from a restaurant yesterday. It’s not much, but it come from the heart. Well i want the goodness for peoples.

There are many things to learn about BforArtists v2, like creating characters for animations (like animated movie), maybe for games and so on. So i’m sure that later i’ll have other questions.

A+

This post has received 1 Likes.
    #21731 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

You’re welcome 🙂

#21732 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Hi BFA i try to figure out if into BforArtists v2, if users have the possibility to (show/hide) important hotkeys as your youtube quickstart navigation video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDzMx7huGzk

In your youtube video, i see there is a button called (Hide Text), that pressing it turn (On/Off) the important hotkeys of BforArtists v1 into the grid. Does it exist into version 2?

If this button dont exist into BforArtists v2, that make show important hotkeys into the grid. I have a great suggestion, how that would look this kind of button.

Since it is “HotKeys” i have found this site that has a vector pictogram of a Flame, that is CC0 license at:

https://www.goodfreephotos.com/vector-images/monochrome-flame-clipart.png.php

With some “Vector Key” into the “Flame”, that peoples could figure as a “HotKey Button” an example of key (license unknown):

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Skeleton-Key-Silhouette.svg

A+

#21733 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

The addon is still included. But it works faulty. The changes at the keymap manager for Blender 2.80 has made the addon more or less useless. And i was not able to find the cause yet. Better said i know the cause, it’s these changes at the keymap manager, which is a gigantic and buggy mess nowadays. But it’s too big for me to fix it.

In short, the result is not reliable anymore. That’s why we don’t have it active by default anymore.

Kind regards

Reiner

#21782 Likes: 1
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thank’s very much for the help BFA, i really appreciate you ya know! If you want you can look of what i have done so far on the guide at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17ANvDZvigt1y_UpNUBHhKyY2pZLu8HMr

It is about BforArtists 2 version 2.0.0. There is fiew things “basic things” that i will add into and put fiew more pages for this basic free pdf guides. At the time i write this i can say there is almost 4700 views in 2 month and 1 day on a forum, that i encourage peoples to have BforArtists. So i do think that soon it should reach 5000 views in less then 3 month’s.

Well peoples around the world knows the ways i explain softwares, is easy to understand for many peoples. Just look the pages and you will also notice. You can even compare it to free online pdf guides, even video tutorials if you want.

I really am happy to make many peoples know BforArtists, i like this software because it is more intuitive; and less keyboard shortcut keys to press. Please dont stop the progress, i do believe that you are on the right path. If my words encourage yourself to continue, then i’m glad that it does bring you wings of happyness.

A+

This post has received 1 Likes.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.