Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    EmilsVfx
    Participant

How to add this shortcut.

I think this combination adds more flexibilty.

I try to add my self but a have same issue with this functions.Somthing doing wrong.

Deselect all by double clicking on empty area

And mouse had box selection function im empty area?

#17705 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

Hi EmilVfx,

I have no idea, sorry. Setting view3d.select_border to Tweak, Select, and Any may be a starting point for box select. Haven’t we discussed it here somewhere already? But both sounds like lots of trouble ahead. This will definitely conflict with other hotkeys.

#17723 Likes: 0
        davis
        Participant

I added this, and I am loving it. :D … That way you can select and deselect like in any other 3d application I know. – Left Click Drag = Border select and Left Click anywhere = deselect. – In my oppinion, this should also definetely be a standard setting.

#17724 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

Thanks davis,

I will have a closer look at it again. But i remember that this produces quite a few hotkey conflicts.

#17726 Likes: 0
            davis
            Participant

It only conficts with the drag as I noticed, but as mentioned before, since I am so used to 3dsmax, which does not have any drag function I can definetely live with this. – If I want to drag I simply click and hold in the white circle of the gizmo. – However this unfortunately does not work with the UV editor, since there dragging is not possible in any other way, than the hardcoded one. :/ … But I can also live with using the B select there, since UV unwrapping takes only 5% of the time and modeling and setting up materials the remaining 95% that go into a project. ;)

#17736 Likes: 0
              Reiner
              Participant

I had a crack at it again as promised. But this task remains unsolveable. We can have either border select, or dragging objects around. And i will not remove the ability to simple drag objects or selected elements around.

I could map the functionality to alt instead of b. But this conflcits with the way the border select tool is made. It is not meant to hold the key down and drag. But activates with one key press. And you need a hotkey in all cases. And in Blender it’s B. So we better stick to B instead of inventing yet another key combo that nobody knows.

The other suggestion, to map deselect to a mouse click, conflicts with undo. At least in Edit mode. Undo goes one step too much back then.

So sorry folks, the official keymap will not change here. But you can always do your needed customizations by yourself :)

#17739 Likes: 0
                davis
                Participant

I agree on keeping the “B” hotkey, where possible the Blender shortcuts should be kept for compatibility.

I can´t reproduce the undo issue though. There is no conflict with undo/redo here in edit mode?

#17747 Likes: 0
                  Reiner
                  Participant

I had selected four vertifces, one after each other. Then i clicked to deselect. After hitting undo i had three vertices selected. Repeatable. Yes, it’s odd. Since it’s the same functionality than the select deselect by a. I have no idea why this happens ^^

#17748 Likes: 0
                    davis
                    Participant

Yes, you are right, weird, but acceptable.^^

#17757 Likes: 0
                      EmilsVfx
                      Participant

can add py?

#17758 Likes: 0
                        Reiner
                        Participant

Hi EmilsVFx,

The python file will not help you much. It would remove your other custom hotkeys, it’s a complete keymap then.

But it is not this hard. Just add two hotkey nodes in the 3d view section with the settings and strings that you see in the screenshot.

Kind regards

Reiner

#17759 Likes: 0
                          EmilsVfx
                          Participant

I have issue to add select_or_deselect

#17760 Likes: 0
                            Reiner
                            Participant

What kind of issue do you have?

Create a new empty hotkey node. Type in view3d.select_or_deselect_all in the upper left field. Turn the dropdown box up right besides it to Mouse. The other two to select and click. And then this should work. To make it permanent save user settings.

Hope that helps.

#17762 Likes: 0
                              EmilsVfx
                              Participant

hmm

#17763 Likes: 0
                                Reiner
                                Participant

Hmmmmm ^^

view3d , not view.3d :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.