Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

This article shows some great firefly avoidance settings that I kinda scratch my head at, why are they not implied from the getgo on installation?

Examples:

-Use “Multiple Importance Sampling” for HDRs

-Use ‘Filter Glossy’ at 0.5

-Check “No Caustics” (to then turn on later if required, which to me seems like a pretty good artistic approach, as it renders things nicely from the getgo, and optionally we can then use caustics with clamp later on)

From what I know, these could be implemented in the Setup.blend file when you save the Startup file. I just wanted to suggest maybe having these setting as a default when you install BFA.

What do you think?

:dance:

#17436 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hey Draise,

Yes, this settings can be stored in the startup.blend. And that way we can make it standard.

I am usually super careful with changing standards. Some are no brainers, but some strikes back. So let me first double check what caveats it has before we change it :)

#17437 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Yeah, gotcha. Wise approach.

Concering the others in the article: some of them I would not implement, like the clamp and huge samples for a refined image.

:dance:

#17441 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Task created so that this issue doesn’t sink in the forum. https://www.bforartists.de/content/have-look-cycles-render-defaults

#19139 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

So, what should be the new defaults?

#19144 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Done. The only change that made it was to turn caustics off in the defaults :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.