Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

oooh…… pensioner. That’s cool. I’m not halfway there yet. Might explain my overtly exuberrent ambition.  Ah so ok. Just learning.

I guess I view any kind of cashflow as favour for favour systems. Value for value. Or else.. it would look like a parasite kind of relationship where the user becomes a black hole to the host service/product, or vice versa – ultimately driving the host to an untimely unhealthy death. I like opensource and free because that frees the user to exchange value for value through other means – be it through direct development, extra art or something else indirectly. For example… this software is of value to me, so I put in value of mine into it in exchange: my time, knowledge, experience, facebook page publicity and whatnot. Not unlike business where I give my time to clients with a monetary value for the products I can make which has value to them, or renting out rooms in a house as value for tennants for the time of maintaining the house/services/cleaning and paying the rent to the owner for them, or in knowledge exchanges with interns who work for the studio in exchange for dedicated training/tutoring from me. All things I do.. to get by.

Maybe it’s just a matter of time to be discovered and to build the artistic community – and making new strategies and investment to be known and to develop that artistic community might be… a waste of time and effort! Or not. Indeed, I guess, keeping things as is will eventually create more value for everyone – more value in the software with more free development and artistic investment with it – over time – with more freedom for an artist to also make more value from the art they do, without having to go through another system to exchange value directly with the software.. making the “free” indirect  value exchange ripple slowly elsewhere and eventually echo back. laugh

Anyway, should get back to work. Thanks for reading all my guff and thinking about things. Means a lot to me. Hope BFA becomes popular soon.

:dance:

#18922 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Maybe we are thinking a tad too big right now, though. Getting people to use the software for a competition might work, if the price is right. – Another strategy I was just thinking about would be to activate the existing users of BfA much more to start with. There are 208 users registered here, maybe a simple PM to all of them, asking to showcase their best piece of art they have created with BfA to date, in order to support the further developement, would already be a step to give the community a little push. – Or a kick in the butt to get it a bit more active. ^^ – The same thing would go for the Facebook users. – Just posting a call for support goes only this far, but asking them personally in a PM to post their best piece of art might actually convince a few of the passive users to showcase some of their work and spark more discussion and engagement.

#18923 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Yeah.. one step at a time….. gotcha..

If the prize is right? What kind of prize are yout thinking of?

As another idea, maybe a collectors badge system for activity milestones and releasing the campaign through PM? I could do that, maybe with graphics as activity stickers. Maybe even make a mascot competition?

:dance:

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.