Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Thanks. It might have worked. But chances are that you would have been under attack too …

For your layer problem, there is a way to achieve by hand what you want.

Turn off UV Sync Selection. Now select the geometry in the 3d view where you want to export the uv geometry for. You will notice that the UV editor now only shows the uv geometry for the selected part. And when you export it then just this part will be exported.

Attachments:

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21676 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thank’s for the help. By the time i write this, on an other forum there is already more then 3600 views in just 2 month’s. That’s great to make more and more peoples see my free none official pdf guide on BforArtists.

It is not finished the basic free pdf guide, now i’m on the step to explain to import the UV mapped texture from BforArtists to Gimp. Then explain how to use basic things about Gimp to texturize the png image.

If you want you can see it online, even download it (still it is not finished). But explain many basic things that should be enough for BforArtists users at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ANvDZvigt1y_UpNUBHhKyY2pZLu8HMr

One thing that i would “Definitly would love to know”. Is how for BforArtists v2, create my own splash screen background image that i would create. Then recompile it into a setup or install file. So when BforArtists v2 open, it show my splash screen image when the software open.

The reason that i would love to know how to do this is simple. I would like to bit***chhh my brother lolll. I found him many times arrogant, like if he is the center of the universe. So when he would open BforArtists v2 see the splash image when it open, it would be like a blast into his arrogant face each time he open the software lolllll.

Or maybe “simpler” since my lack of knowledges. I could create the image with my face and 3D stuff into. Your telling me what pixel size height and width the image should be. Then you would for me create the setup file with my splash background image into, that i can have and download.

Then i would put it on my google drive, writing him: Hey brother i know that you like 3D softwares and games, well here is a full free softwares that you can create 3D things, even 3D characters for games to use with no conditions (because open source and gpl3 license).

So he would download the setup file into a zip file, that i would put on my google drive. Put it on his computer, install it; then open the 3D software BforArtists v2. My splash background image apear with my face and 3D stuffs when the software open.

Yup the two words that come into my head is: “Bam” and “Awsome” into your face brother. Lolllll

A+

#21677 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

It’s quite simple. Download the repository. And prepare everything to compile it. We have a tutorial for it here:

https://www.bforartists.de/data/tuts/Building_Bforartists_with_Cmake_and_VS_2017_on_Windows.pdf

But instead of vs 2017 you should use vs 2019. The tutorial needs an update here.

Have a look in the release\datafiles folder. Find and open the splash_template.xcf. That’s a gimp file.

Change the image to your needs. Export the result to splash_2x.png and splash.png in the given size.

Now you simply compile Bforartists. And the new image should be in place.

#21680 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thank’s for these infos. First before doing so the splash screen. I have exported the png texture, then with the UV window i select open image; and i dont see at all the texture. There must be something i do wrong, but cant figure out. I have tryed your Quickstart videos. I have seen the “quickstart video named export uv layout”, the legs of the table model change color, simply because the image has been re-imported. I try but nothing changes, even do some search as: bforartists texture dont apear. I add this printscreen image of a model that ive created from scratch “jack in the box”. Maybe it will help me figure out.

A+

#21682 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

You use Bforartists 1. This version is the past now.  We don’t support it anymore.

I can just guess what step is missing. Your view is in solid mode. Change it to textures. Next, make sure your material contains a texture node in case you render with Cycles. When it’s the internal renderer, then i fear you are at your own. This informations about the old material system is long erased from my memory ^^

#21687 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thanks very much BFA. You are right putting texture mode i have seen the texture. But there is a texture that dont apear. I wonder if there is a way to flip 180 degree a face, i think it might explain why i dont see the texture; maybe the texture is inside rather then outside. So knowing how to flip a face might help, and it could be a good thing to add in my guide.

Beside i have notice a bug or glitch into the software. I dont think it is because of BforArtists since i have open it with Blender v2_82a, the latest and i cant subdivide some face i want. I have done a printscreen of it also i have put a zipped file of the blender file with into the printscreen. Maybe you could know what i do bad? Maybe something to indicate to Blenderartists (not mentionning BforArtists) so that they dont attack yourself.

If your curious here is the link to the zipped blender file i have created:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13p8J_rAwb1r1ysTQ3KYb2bZE-ysn4rzG

I also join the printscreen image here, so maybe just with the image you might understand.

A+

Attachments:
    #21689 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

It’s most probably because this face is an n-gon. A face with more than four corners. And then the algorithm is in trouble to divide it sometimes.

What you search to flip a face is most probably recalculate normals.

#21704 Likes: 0
    20degree
    Participant
    • Posts 71

Thank’s.

A+

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.