Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant

[Blog] Making Quick Flags

Not really into cloth, but I made some quick cloth sims for a quick render. I really need to get into cloth more often, it’s a lot of fun. I saved this one to my library.

This post has received 1 Likes.

:dance:

#21605 Likes: 0
      Draise
      Participant

[Blog] Tired yet?

I’m not! I’ve been making dozen of tires and treads and rims these days. I can say I’m starting to get good at it. I like radial array modeling – and getting some nice renders from Eevee is certainly fun.

But I think having a radial array modifier or some kind of autosetup to make radial arrays might be nice to include with the defaults… I spent a lot of time just making radial array setups for tire after tire after tire…

#21606 Likes: 0
        davis
        Participant

What you really want for something like this, if you have to do it over and over again is real parametric modeling.

I would check out Sverchok .

This was done in Rhino and Grasshopper, but something similar should be possible with Bfa and Sverchok as well. 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5c1e8mfQgg

#21698 Likes: 0
          Draise
          Participant

I think I will. For the next set of tires, I’ll do it. Will take some hard blood and tears to get it going, but it will be worth it. I have another set of 24 tires to make soon.

Meanwhile, this set of 21 tires are rendering away on the Release Candidate! It’s nice to get a bunch of bug fixes from Blender into this too… I had a filmic issue from Blender. Now it’s fine. Again, thanks for the weekly merges into the dev build.. I get so addicted to using the latest builds. So far, everything is rendering all fine now.

#21699 Likes: 0
            BFA-Reiner
            Keymaster

This looks really great 🙂

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#21798 Likes: 0
              Draise
              Participant

Ivé started really trying out sculpting in BFA these days and have found a handful of issues.. hotkey only operators missing from UI, a bug, and a couple of workflow things. All reported… but have to say, it’s nice to be able to use BFA to sculpt – and in eevee!

#21815 Likes: 0
                BFA-Reiner
                Keymaster

Cool character 🙂

#22049 Likes: 0
                  Draise
                  Participant

Been working a lot with BFA. Dozens of hours per week. Things haven’t been always stable, but they have been productive.

#22054 Likes: 0
                    BFA-Reiner
                    Keymaster

That looks nice. And thanks for your feedback 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.