Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant

I guess it’s a bittersweet thing to know this. One, that we can try rule out the fact that any BFA changes probably won’t be doing this. Two, that we can’t do anything about it.

:dance:

#19978 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

We are not completely lost. We can report such bugs to Blender in case we can reproduce them. And usually they fix them then. But for Bforartists 1.0.0 a probably fix comes too late.

#20380 Likes: 0
        Draise
        Participant

Made this yesterday for a friend, quick little contract. I did it in BFA1 at first, then passed it to a recently built version of BFA – it’s nice being able to compile my own latest updates.

I have to say, the new viewport is hella fun.

I did notice some little things I want to work on in the UI though, but will get there later.

#20381 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

Cool :)

Workflow improvements is next at the table. Please put it into the tracker :)

#20417 Likes: 0
            Draise
            Participant

Before the tragic electrical outage in my home and studio, I had a render with more than a few thousand geometry particles rendered with eevee in Bforartists Alpha 0.2.0 (well really a build I did with a later iteration). I gave one of my old secondary machines the render batch, and it did it! It could. #win

I have to say though, the architecture is not great for particles and when you get to +100,000 geometry instances on the particles, things grind.

I delivered this project though, and clients were happy. I even played with Hitfilm express to add some post motion blur, that worked – to a degree. I need to do more experiments.

#20484 Likes: 0
              Draise
              Participant

Ive been wanting to document my weekly work and progress some time, sit, talk, reflect on what I’ve learnt and done to cement what I learn.. so here is one of them: the week 11 of this year.

Watch on Youtube in HD: https://youtu.be/oQokuFVMEzY

Or on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/333242871 

#20485 Likes: 0
                davis
                Participant

Nice “reflection”. – I just found out about the “animation nodes” addon. This might be interesting to you for motion graphics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C95mi7lKt8o

#20486 Likes: 0
                  Draise
                  Participant

I know the one! I use it a lot in Bforartists 1. Believe it or not, my intro video was done with Animation Nodes (the pinecone) in Bforartists 2 Alpha 0.2.0. I know it can latch onto particles, but I didin’t dare burn the time figuring it out on clients time. I will eventually! Though.. I’m kinda wondering if AN will be defunct once Everything Nodes materializes in the 2.8 future releases of Blender.

#20541 Likes: 0
                    Draise
                    Participant

Started getting back to creative work due to a client finally wanting 3D work! Yay! I have enjoyed deving some tasks for BFA2, but when it comes to modeling, the exposed tools in the shelf still make BFA1 feel that much more intuitive to a degree. I feel like I have to relearn everything in BFA2 when it comes to modeling. Layout, animation, rigging, and all else.. but modeling, GP, sculpting and some of the rest feels alien now. So.. for this project it will be BFA1.

#20545 Likes: 0
                      Draise
                      Participant

Some progress.

#20564 Likes: 0
                        Draise
                        Participant

Been playing around with Alpha 5. I had to model most of this in BFA1 for effeciency, but later iterations was done in BFA2 – 0.5.0. I found that most of the tools I could fusion with drag, other than the loop and knife. They work very differently. I’m still not sure which is better for looping… the mouse scrool on loop then apply? Or the click, click, modal tool of the new loop tool.

#20565 Likes: 0
                          Reiner
                          Participant

Yes that’s the mean part with the double toolset. Both have their advantages. But having both is not good.

#20574 Likes: 0
                            Draise
                            Participant

I have to say, I have had to go back to BFA 1 due to an animation studio using Blender 2.79 – and.. I miss the active tools system more than the legacy tools (other than the loop middle mouse increase loops tool). The widget toggling on hotkey press that I setup and seeing the button highlight in the UI is.. just expected. I also enjoyed the old modal hotkey Applied workflows, where you activate on keypress, clickdrag move, it runs and applies (and use modals to modify structure) – then you have the widget ALSO activated on the hotkey.

I miss some of the header tools in the toolshelf, but for modeling it is alright. Reminds me a bit of trueSpace.

#20581 Likes: 0
                              Draise
                              Participant

I just discovered yesterday how to do volumetrics in Eevee with Bforartists, and well.. it’s cool fun. I also found out a way how to get rid of the card shadow noise with a rendering workaround. I think… I will do a quick personal project now.

#20582 Likes: 0
                                Reiner
                                Participant

Cool :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.