Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ronin02
    Participant
    • Posts 4

Hello guys ,just a question how you guys manage to change the blender logo ,thanks.

#22521 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hi ronin,

We simply replaced all Blender icons, and compiled the software 🙂

It’s not one location only, and not one icon only. It’s several locations. A few ones resides in the iconsheet for example. In release\datafiles\blender_icons.svg. The alert_icons.svg in the same folder also contains a blender icon. And a few more are in release\freedesktop\

And i am pretty sure there are more that i can’t remember at the moment.

The only one that really makes trouble is the blender_icons.svg. Here you need to generate the dat files for the icons.

We have a tutorial available how to change the icons in the blender_icons.svg. Hope that helps. https://www.bforartists.de/data/tuts/Icontutorial.pdf

Oh, and don’t use Inkscape version 1, but the old version 0.9x. Version 1 makes trouble with the old iconsheet and the python script to convert the icons to dat.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#22522 Likes: 0
    ronin02
    Participant
    • Posts 4

Thank you very much for your response ,very appreciated we will work on that thanks

#22523 Likes: 0
    ronin02
    Participant
    • Posts 4

by my question i meant the application logo is it the same ,we try ed to modify the svg in release/freedesktop for linux but nothing work, do you have an idea why ? thanks.

#22524 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Again, it is not one, it is a few. The icon in release/freedesktop is used for the Linux starter icon from what i remember.

I think the icon in the header is in release\datafiles\blender_icons.svg . And it is not done to simply replace it in the svg iconsheet. You need to run the python script to create the dat files. See linked tutorial. The alert_icons.svg does also have a python script to update the icons. And this Blender icon is used fo the taskbar afaik.

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#22525 Likes: 0
    ronin02
    Participant
    • Posts 4

Very appreciated ,thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.