Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant

I use discord a lot, and have a system of documentation/logging for my limited work in Bforartists to update people. I found ways to automate tasks closed/created to push to Facebook and Twitter, but maybe we can automate this to Discord too. But to do this requires creating a webhook in the backend of the repository.

Can we make a discord webhook?

Here is a link to the instructions (it’s easy)

Once it’s created, a PM would suffice to get it linked.

:dance:

#20550 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

Hey Draise.

The idea is not this bad. But please give me a few nights to really think about this.

My first thought was, i would not be so happy to make our tracker tasks so public. It’s the bug and task tracker, not a public relations page. And i would hate  to care about every word that is written in it. Especially tasks that fails, or bugs. That’s not really advertising us :)

#20551 Likes: 0
        Draise
        Participant

Ah ok. Thought closed tasks in the tracker shows some nice opensource transparency, but yeah, might not always look great.. hm.

#20552 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

Okay, i have slept a night over it. And the point is still the same. We won’t do this for told reason. Nevertheless thanks for the idea.

#20553 Likes: 0
            Draise
            Participant

Ah ok. What inspired me was a twitter feed on the Blender Commit Logs. It doesn’t have a lot of following, and I just thought it nice to have for those who aren’t users of Github but want to stay updated on each bug, task and commit. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.