Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tetsuoo
    Participant
    • Posts 19

Hi there

I had made before a little list of things that don’t work, removed some after learning more about Blender. So what’s left is :

– the panels disposition cannot be recovered in BFA :/ It’s apparently saved because the panels are there if the file read in any version of Blender but not in BFA.

– Everytime I go into the addons tab there’s an error/warning because that something is missing: space_view3d_spacebarmenu. Nothing critical, but weird. I played a lot with addons recently so now that I tried to use the Pie menus from 2.78 then removed them, I get a ‘missing script’ error message about it too.

– we need 2.78 for Alembic import. And PBR compatibility :) Actually the PBR materials do work with 2.76 (and so BFA .070 too) but the render result may be inaccurate in some cases.

In last ver.080 :

– a tiny error in the Toolbar View, the tip for Front view says “Change view to Top”

#16319 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Ah, cool, thanks for the reports :)

– the panels disposition cannot be recovered in BFA :/ It’s apparently saved because the panels are there if the file read in any version of Blender but not in BFA.

Could you provide a closer description here please what you mean? What panels?

– Everytime I go into the addons tab there’s an error/warning because that something is missing: space_view3d_spacebarmenu. Nothing critical, but weird. I played a lot with addons recently so now that I tried to use the Pie menus from 2.78 then removed them, I get a ‘missing script’ error message about it too.

The spacebar menu addon does not longer exist in Bforartists since quite a few menus that this addon lists does not longer exist. And so this addon is removed since Bforartists 0.6 when i remember right.

Bforartists is in development. I highly recommend to install Bforartists from scratch when you download a new version. This includes all settings files in the roaming folder.

Under Windows 7 it’s C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoaming. And here delete the whole folder Bforartists.

– we need 2.78 for Alembic import. And PBR compatibility Smile Actually the PBR materials do work with 2.76 (and so BFA .070 too) but the render result may be inaccurate in some cases.

The port to 2.78 is the next step. But this may need a pretty while. I need to go through all Bforartists changes now again, and apply it to 2.78. It’s done when it is done :)

#16320 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

I have thought about this again. Can it be that you expect to store the UI in the blend file, and reload it with opening the blend fine? Because that’s a default setting that we have turned off in Bforartists. It’s confusing for newcomers when the UI goes crazy by loading a blend file.

When you want to have this behaviour back, then you can simply turn it on in the user preferences again.

#16322 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Wrong tooltip is fixed here, and will come with the next release:

http://www.bforartists.de/content/wrong-tooltip-front-view

#16329 Likes: 0
    Tetsuoo
    Participant
    • Posts 19

Hi, thanks for the answers especially the UI thing, I would have never found that by myself. So yes problem resolved now :) I’m a beginner in Blender, so actually what is disturbing is saving a file you created yourself and not having it back the same way when you load it. So having this option off or even available is a mystery to me.

I had some suspicions about the Roaming folder, as now with BFA 0.80 I have 2 times the Cinema4D theme lol I didn’t know which one to delete x) In the end for now I have left the folder alone because I’m not sure yet what can be deleted or not, I will make sure I save every input/theme personnalization in other places before deleting anything

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.