Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    c4dguy
    Participant

Hi,

saw that the latest bfortartist wasn’t yet compiled for mac, so i asked a dev friend who compiled it from the source, here it is:

Uploaded here (only bforartist, no blenderplayer):

https://workupload.com/file/tdmANvs

i don’t know if it’s the correct way to do this, i’m not a developer (hence my interest in bforARTISTS), i needed it for myself, but since there was no precompiled version of the latest release for mac i thought it may help anyone who needs it.

#19439 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

Cool. Thanks a bunch :)

Our maintainer for the Mac version is at it too. But he is currently a bit short of time. So i’ll grab this version meanwhile if you don’t mind :)

I’ll make it ready this evening.

Kind regards

Reiner

#19440 Likes: 0
        Reiner
        Participant

Hm, the size tells me that there might be several things missing. The dmg is just 85 mb big. It should be around 120 Mb. Too bad that i don’t have a mac to test it …

#19442 Likes: 0
          c4dguy
          Participant

dmg is a compressed format, it contains bforartists.app (without blenderplayer) which is about 295MB

#19443 Likes: 0
            Reiner
            Participant

Yes, i know what dmg is. The dmg from our maintainer was 120 mb. And yours is ways smaller. That’s why i ask. But the solution to the riddle could be the missing player here. 

Well, it’s a good place holder until our maintainer finds the time. So thanks for it :)

I expect that you have minimum one error in the console when you compile with the default settings. It will moan about missing alembic. Standard is unfortunately still off, it is the Blender default. We need to fix this at one point. So i would suggest to turn at least alembic to on in Cmake, then compile again.

In case you want to build a release version with everything needed on, there is a bunch of cmake files in Bforartistsbuild_filescmakeconfig. The one called blender_release.cmake contains the full settings for the release version.

Kind regards

Reiner

#19445 Likes: 0
              Reiner
              Participant

I have uploaded the current version now, and added your name to the Bforartists credits. Is your nickname okay, or do you want another name for the entry? :)

#19446 Likes: 0
                c4dguy
                Participant

thanks, but my nick needn’t be there, as i’ve said not I but a friend compiled it for me, i just wrapped it in a dmg, uploaded and posted here to help out those who are on a mac and want to try latest version.

cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.