Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

The dev build of BFA is based on Blender 2.9 now. Have you tried vanilla blender 2.9 alpha yet to cross out the preliminaries?

The workbench has been slightly changed from 2.82 to 2.83 and 2.9 in a number of areas, so that might be the issue.

Blender 2.8+ seems to only officially support Geforce cards 400 and newer. I noticed your video card has 256mb of ram, they do require 1gig minumum. There might be just a borderline viewport setting that may be overloading your graphics and doing a hard close? You do have OpenGL 3.3, but there have been known issues with the drivers, from investigation, with new graphics requirements. That could be it?

Here are the blender minimum requirements:

:dance:

#21881 Likes: 0
    mr-d
    Participant
    • Posts 3

HI Draise, Thanks for your investigation and information provided.
    I prefer not to run any non-release versions of software on my PC, so have not tried either Blender or BlenderForArtists in alpha or beta stages.
    I’ll have to wait until the next release version of BFA (that looks to be based on 2.90 of Blender), to see how it goes.
    For no I’ll just have to stick with normal Blender 2.82 as the latest most technically advanced version I can use for now.
    I guess I’ll have to start thinking of getting a new PC on of these days 😉
    Cheers, Mr D.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.